pates open evening

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gloucsdad

pates open evening

Post by gloucsdad »

i went tonight
we are so lucky. great schools in this area.
i have heard from and met Mr Fenton before and always been pleased but tonight i admit i found his speech really inspiring
I think he really cares - very committed to pastoral care
students very impresive
great extra curricular and top exam results
GREAT SCHOOL

We are really lucky to have so many good schools in the cheltenham area (concerned tha Bournside is now only 'satisfactory' according to Ofsted)

did you go?

if we have a pass we will have won the lottery!
EmeraldE

Pates Open Evening

Post by EmeraldE »

Hi all
Yes we went tonight. Head was very impressive, speaking mainly off the cuff and polished. Pupils also great public speaking..well done!!

The school almost has the feel of a private school. They were pushing hard on the pastoral care and the 'family' feel of the school.

DS was impressed by the Art facilities, the Science block and the trips. I will reserve judgement until I have seen a few more of the grammars. Not expecting any of the comps to be in the same ball park.
oh my

pates

Post by oh my »

yes - us too

went tonight

head is really impressive, i agree, i wish i was off to shool. Styudent speakers were vey good

school delivers top grades but, almost more important, the Head is so impressive and the students seem to really admire him

we pressed our guide really hard and the schoo did seem to meet all expectations.

so, why am i surprised, the school with the top rep inth earea seemed great ...duh!