Schedule of work for DD sitting exam next year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

We seem to have had a bit of an accidental break here didn't even get time to do Sunday's double. DS2 will have to do them tonight so will be very un-impressed when he hears the news. Probably thought he had got awy with it :lol: .

The half term break helps make these last two weeks bareable I find, especially having the two extra days. Last year we were lucky in that the school put them at the end of the half term before creating a short three day week just before the test which seemed to work well. This year they have been put at the beginning which means time for a little extra cramming this week but not so good for being well rested on the actual day.

Been hanging out in other area too. Its the Bucks section I find strange because there tests seems to have happened eons ago yet their results will come out with ours.
Milla

Post by Milla »

do they do the same tests as we do, Tolstoy?
I've been straying very sluttishly. Any forum that will have me, whether they want to or not. Stress limitation I call it. Fear my husband would use the term "time-wasting."
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I am an expert at time wasting supposed to be finishing of DS2's blind as I write :wink: .

Yes Bucks have the same set up as us only the tests are spread over two weeks. Last year I often wondered if we got the same papers. They have the 21 types, not 15, but my guess is that we do too going on some of the feedback last year. However they don't get the paper with the +different type ans sheet like we do. They get it for the 12+

I think they have to have head reviews though as it is a whole county thing sat in the primary schools, hence their long wait for results.
Milla

Post by Milla »

[quote="Tolstoy"] However they don't get the paper with the +different type ans sheet like we do. They get it for the 12+[quote]
Did you say that last year the 2 tests had 2 differing formats for answer sheets? and was one of them the kind which doesn't feature any answers (so can't be used for, say, finding the 4 letter words, etc)??
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Yes, I think mentioned it in the sticky above. I will email you the sample 12+ Bucks ans sheet that I have on file. DS1 said the one he did was slightly different so I am trying to cobble together my own version which I will be getting him to check tonight.
Milla

Post by Milla »

yikes, sticky, forgot to look there.
thanks Tolstoy.
Site being very odd and slow and freezing for me today. Perhaps it's saying Gerroff!
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

hi folks
Sorry to butt in!
Let me get this right, one paper has the answers as standard but the other has no answers at all...not even on the paper itself ?
I thought it was a case of :

a. pear b. apple c. peach d. frog

and they had to give the LETTER as the answer on the answer sheet...e.g. d

Do you think they do not have that? It is a complete no answer format? Maybe I am wrong but that is then not multiple choice?
Milla

Post by Milla »

no, most def still multiple choice, but you can't bank on the answer sheet being useful - all a) b) c) etc. It's just that it might be different from what they've practised / might expect.
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

yes I see
LOL, rising panic mode here!!
I cannot wait until it is over and then I'll have DS 2 to coach as well. It take over far to much of life, let's hope we are all smiling at the end!
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh tell me about it. Much thanks for having but 2 children and this being my second.
Selfishly the fears crank up when you read of disappointments in the other forums, nothing is certain! Except for death taxes and that Masterchef seems to be on television every single day that is.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now