Sitting The Test - and numbers predicted

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

capers123

Post by capers123 »

Pushkin wrote:there are question types in the second paper outside of the 21 types - that noone will have seen before?
Indeed.

Don't forget that the only practice needed for the exam are the practice papers you buy from Smiths. According to the schools, that is.

It does make it a little more fair on those who can't afford tuition, and for that matter, those who could have but whose parents are dead nuts against it.
Capers
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Capers, in regards the actual papers, do I need to edit the info on my sticky then?

There is always this concern that people in the know (poss some professional tutors etc) have an advantage over us who are not. It is why I am so open with everything I have picked up along the way but I really don't want to be giving out wrong information in my desire to try and create a more level playing field .
capers123

Post by capers123 »

I've heard that Stroud High numbers are 296 this year Last year was down to 230 (very low numbers), year before was 280.

So it's a big increase on last year, but not a big increase on average years.

Good luck all you involved with this years exams.

Don't forget to fill in any blanks with random answers in the last few minutes! It could be the difference between a pass and a not pass!
Capers
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh Gawd, and I was starting to feel, well not quietly confident, but ommmish and calmer. I'd've thought last year would have been a full one thanks to credit crunch.
Any idea how one finds out numbers for other sites where the test is being sat, Capers??
PrettyWoman

Post by PrettyWoman »

Hi

My son is sitting the test at Tommies on Saturday. He hasn't been tutored, a couple of sessions with a teacher friend of mine.

He is scoring about 70 - 75% on practice papers so I am calm, not putting pressure on him and not expecting an offer letter either. I know that sounds negative but as parents we have encouraged him to have a go. He has been happy to practice and he is so laid back he's horizontal!

He is also sitting the entrance exam for RGS Worcester in February - but again got no idea how that will go as its VR, maths and English. Only 100 applicants though so less competition!
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

Good luck to your son for both his exams.

Good luck for everyone. It really isn't long now, is it?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now