will i have any nails left ????

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
susiesue

will i have any nails left ????

Post by susiesue »

The wait is killing me and it's only the 2nd day !! Don't know how i'm going to make it through to the 21st let alone March! :cry:

DD is going to a camp that weekend and has specifically asked me not to open the letters till she somes back! How am i going to stop my fingers from opening the letters ?? I ticked all 4 grammar schools, do you think she'll miss one letter?? :wink:

Am not looking forward to the thought of having to go through all of this another 2 times, don't think my nails or my hair will stand it!!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Am tough mother here and point blank told DS2, when he asked, that I will be opening the letters. Did it last year with DS1 as I wanted to prepare him for any disappointments.

If she knows how many to expect then steam one open, the one you will get most info from and close it after. My eldest never saw the Pates one because I only ticked it for a mark anyway.

I am very much hoping they arrive on the Friday like last year as he, like your DD, is going away for a weekend with my Sil and Bil.

What years are you doing it next?

I have another two.
Milla

Post by Milla »

yup, I'm going to open them too. Need to prepare self in the face of unwelcome news and opening it several hours earlier will allow this - as long as they do arrive on the 20th and not the 21st!!

Irons have been mentioned elsewhere on the site (the things we have to learn!) - and I imagine they'll be less detectable, creating fewer wrinkles than a kettle would.

Besides, the envelopes will be addressed to you as parent of ...
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Last year we opened the non-favourite schools during the daytime, so we had a good idea of what the result was for favourite school - then let DD open that post school.
Capers
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

You need the Hermanmunster Blue Peter kit of:

1 New Envelope
2 Scissors to cut out old label from original envelope
3 Glue to stick old label to new envelope

Can't go wrong (though worth tryng to find out the colour of the envelope so you can do a close match)
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I found that the old fashioned steam and kettle works wonders-also worked for cricket trials this year too!!
Ruby Tuesday

Post by Ruby Tuesday »

I've noticed that any adverts on this site tend to be educational. Wouldn't a little something from a variety of Counsellors and therapists be more appropriate?
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

Luckily our postbox is in the porch joined directly to the lounge so I can pretend to be doing something in the lounge - eg several hours dusting - and casually notice the postman - by chance, of course, as he walks up to the porch and then...

with a flurry of the duster I will be in the porch..
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

... why of course and I think next week might be just the right time to start rubbing down the front door and repainting :wink:
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

Actually, now you mention it, we have a small flower bed , just to the side of our front door, which could be in need of several hours of diligent pruning and weeding.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now