Likely pass marks ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Pates actually had to go over the 160 to fill their places last year. (This is from a cast iron source)
Gosh that is interesting Amber, you don't happen to know what score they went down to do you?
Milla

Post by Milla »

Amber wrote: And can I put in a word for creativity? Not valued at all in our education system alas, and almost impossible to measure, but boy do we need those 'creative irritants' to make the pearls grow!
Spot on!

Had parents evening last night. A lovely, generous report from the teacher. He mentioned DS2's great creativity, his fab poems etc, blah blah. He then said how he had a boy last year (desp to know who, of course!) who was a great writer but ... who only just scraped a 5 in SATs. He said he could have wept. This boy could be published, he said, but the Eng test wanted an analysis of a trainer and a report of a busy market. Nothing to stretch their creativity, bland, dull, depressing. OK to have one technically-ish one but two? He was saying how DS2 is going to have to have the mechanics drummed in (remembering paragraphs, remembering b****y semi colons).

Sorry to veer OT but even I can only squeal "aaargh, there's no envelope" so many times. :lol:

Feeling a bit cross I didn't have a girl, now! Couldn't the Crypt have got a letter out last night? And what's all this with second class. You do realise second class could mean next Wednesday :shock: :shock:

(see ... you're enjoying yourself here, Amber, non!?!?!)
Amber

Post by Amber »

Yes, Milla, you have rumbled me...we are getting very close to my pet subject now, and the reason I was shy about posting on here in the first place!

(Sorry, Tolstoy, don't know HOW low they went, but it was definitely below 160)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now