Is 215 enough to get into Denmark Road?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

langkawilucy

Is 215 enough to get into Denmark Road?

Post by langkawilucy »

My daughter got 215 and wants to get into Denmark Road. Can anyone please help me to tell me how likely it is for her to get a place. Apparently 233 girls achieved the qualifying score to get in. I was assuming that maybe about 60 girls may go to Pates.

I am going to ring the school and the LEA to see if they will give us her ranking to give us more of an idea.

I would be extremely grateful for any advice that may calm my nerves and help me sleep tonight!

Thank you. :roll:
capers123

Re: Is 215 enough to get into Denmark Road?

Post by capers123 »

langkawilucy wrote:My daughter got 215 and wants to get into Denmark Road. Can anyone please help me to tell me how likely it is for her to get a place. Apparently 233 girls achieved the qualifying score to get in. I was assuming that maybe about 60 girls may go to Pates.

I am going to ring the school and the LEA to see if they will give us her ranking to give us more of an idea.

I would be extremely grateful for any advice that may calm my nerves and help me sleep tonight!

Thank you. :roll:
I imagine that most who ticked Denmark Road also ticked Ribston. And Pates & Stroud possibly...
Capers
alisonc

Post by alisonc »

langkawilucy

Are you considering other schools? My daughter got in on 219 last year if that helps. We put as first choice and got it. Obviously things change each year so I would put it first choice if that's the school you want, if you have a good second choice, it won't affect it if you put Denmark first because if you miss out, 2nd choice becomes your 1st choice.
Milla

Post by Milla »

last year the cut off was 210 which should give you encouragement and I think this point about multi-applications is important. Lots of us here (both the regular posters and the regular readers) will have picked up to enter for all 4 schools in order to make sense of the marks. As capers said, we can each actually go to only one school!! This frees up 3 places each time. Good luck!
quacks

Post by quacks »

Pate’s Score 230 ( not in top 160 )
Denmark Road Score 223 ( 1st test 113, 2nd Test 110)
Ribston Hall 234 ( 1st test 119, 2nd test 115 )
Stroud High No score given but ranked in the top 120

We were advised to apply to all because this then gave our headmaster the ability to put each result in context not only for our daughter but for all the other children. So a score 10 below the entry mark for Pates (240) is equivalent 223 for Denmark Road although a friend also had the same Pates Mark of 230 and it gave a result of 225 so it is not entirely clear how that worked maybe something to do with age related corrections.

Hope that helps to some degree, the more comparative marks the better. I suppose, what we really want is someone who got into Pates on the waiting list but also applied for Denmark road because that would tell us the upper end of the Denmark road scores.