Id anyone not taking up their place at Pates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gloucsdad

!

Post by gloucsdad »

I am sorry AMber but that is just wrong.

Pate's only qualify the top 160 - although there is a chance that there are a few on the same score and equal ranked they would still be ranked 160. Nonetheless, it is impossible to have a qualifying score outside the top 160 ranked.

It may well be that number 159 is in (ie from within the top 160) but no one outside the top 160 can be in without an appeal.

Just check - either with the school or the council

I feel I sound argumentative but I dont mean to be - it is just important that those ranked outside the top 160 and, therefore, not qualified do not get misleading info.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I will bow out at this point Glosdad. The school told us that only 15 off the waiting list got in...now THAT is plain wrong. I have no personal interest in this, but was just trying to be helpful and encouraging, with information that I have on very good authority is true. As I am obviously having the exact opposite effect, I shall do the decent thing, apologise and bow out. Good luck to everyone getting their children into the schools they believe to be the best - I hope all are happy. Thank you and goodnight.
gloucsdad

Post by gloucsdad »

sorry amber

i have clearly bullied you

oops

what i do agree with is thatthere is every reaason to be optimistic if you are in teh top 160 - as you say, last year they went down to 159 and i think they were about 151 the year before.

so - if you are qualified in top 160 - go for it and you have a very GOOD chance

outside the top 160 - double check with teh school before becoming too optimistic

Good louck to you Amber ta
t
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi Amber,

There is no reason to leave us! Please stay and help everybody,there are many here who will need our support in the coming months.
I do not know what the true situation is with regards to Pates and it is difficult to ascertain without having the information from the school.

I would please ask that everybody remembers the rules regarding posting on the forum-be polite being the primary one!

Regards
Gloucestermum.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

Thanks for all the feedback sorry if I inadvertently caused any disagreements, will not be taking up the champagne bet if that is okay begining to sound expensive! Fingers crossed though he might not like it when he sees it so may be off the hook.
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

couldn't see you at Pates today, slackmum. I did look.

Can't make the PM work, don't know why.
Milla

Post by Milla »

if anyone wants to PM me - I do get PMs, and do have ciren mum's e-mail address now, so we could always do a group e-mail thing instead rather than airing the same laundry publicly ???
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

I've had some tuition on the PMs and I can do them now.

Has everybody filled in their preference forms now?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now