appealing at a ribston

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

veebee

appealing at a ribston

Post by veebee »

my dd achieved a RHS score of 207, she needed 210. She underachieved as tutor and school were disappointmetd.
Having questioned her it appears she was distracted by a distressed friend DURING the test, and a recent bereavement may have affected her.

Does anyone have any advice on the appeals process at Ribston, and things we need to know??
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

For general advice you will need to go to the appeals section.

Did you put the school down on your preference list?

It is only when the school places come out in March that the appeals process starts. So open a file on your computer and put in it any mitigating circumstances at the time of the test try and get confirmation of the disruption during the test.

Also ask the school for evidence of ability, CATs scores, reading age etc. Some will be very supportive if so ask them to hold on to any examples of work that show high academic ability..

Goodluck.
veebee

appeal

Post by veebee »

Thank you, I have already begun confirming disruption, and detailing bereavement issues. I have taken Ribston's advice and NOT put it on the LEA form. They are expecting to hear from me in march!

I am concerned as to how supportive my daughters school will be about supporing letters etc..We are a feeder school for a secondary school, and they have taken a 'head-in-the-sand' approach to grammar applications..presumably I am entitled to access my daughters test marks etc?
Milla

Post by Milla »

No use for Ribston but when my friend appealed for Tommy's a year or 2 back her comments regarding disruption were verified by the adjudicator's notes which were VERY thorough, "boy in desk X drops pencil, 10.27; police siren heard in distance, 10.43" etc. Pretty impressive. Hopefully Ribston (or wherever she sat) will have kept similar notes which can tally with your report.
Good luck.
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now