In twighlight zone and would like a little advice!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
langkawilucy

In twighlight zone and would like a little advice!

Post by langkawilucy »

DD 215 marks for DR. 226 girls passed. Does anyone know if lots of girls put Ribston as their first choice? Just trying to assess how many of the 226 may go elsewhere.

Thanks for any advice.
capers123

Re: In twighlight zone and would like a little advice!

Post by capers123 »

langkawilucy wrote:DD 215 marks for DR. 226 girls passed. Does anyone know if lots of girls put Ribston as their first choice? Just trying to assess how many of the 226 may go elsewhere.
I think it changes with the wind. 2 years ago, Ribston was full, and lots of places at DR unfilled. I suspect that parents took note of that and last year put DR first... thus Ribston had unallocated spaces & DR was over subscribed. There's probably a little more to it than that, as two years ago I think the exam scores were also used in different way for each school (so one may have needed a combined weighted score of (say) 216, where as the other needed a score of 108 in both papers...

I'm sure though that plenty of people will have put Ribston as 1st who are in the 226, and then there will be the shake-up in the next few months. Good luck.
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now