2010 Entry Marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Milla

Post by Milla »

so much of this must be down to multiple applications: 4 ticks, one child, one place, 3 potentially left over.
PrettyWoman

Post by PrettyWoman »

proud mum x2 wrote:Hi Pretty Woman,

Your primary doesn't have the initials MM does it?

Proud mum x2
I know which school you are talking about, currently take 2 of my mindees to the playgroup. Our school is JM. It's great in most respects but I just don't like the attitude in this area that parents shouldn't even bother looking elsewhere.

Just because we have a comp doesn't mean that comp is right for everybody. One huge comp for the whole town and surrounding area means there is no choice for anybody.

Ho hum!
I used to be plain, but when I married Mr Pretty I became PrettyWoman and now have 2 Pretty children!
Tiggymum

We made it to stroud high school

Post by Tiggymum »

For future reference my daughter was 181st for SHS and we got in - I still cannot quite believe it but it proves my theory right, they was a massive amount of movement on the lists from parents citing 4 schools. I think the most important issue is the actual score not the ranking!!!
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

For future reference DD2 has got into Ribston 1st choice on 235 and score for DR was 224. Know of 211 getting in to DR. Official letter still not arrived though.
cairo

Post by cairo »

Tiggymum - great news! Had been thinking of you.
Tiggymum

Post by Tiggymum »

Thanks Cairo - Tiggy's score was 225 for Stroud High - I still cannot believe we got in on the first wave at 181st on the list - one very very happy girly this morning!!! Ironically also got an offer from Wycliffe College which was our backup!!!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

If almost everyone got in for Marling, then it would certainly be very worth while for those who may have just missed (but did pass) appealing. If all have got in, then it would be worth a go for those who didn't quite pass appealing (nothing to loose but your senses).

There are some parents in the county who did not receive their letters yesterday - I understand that it's thanks to Royal Mail, but if people are still waiting today, contact Admissions at Shire Hall now. Of course, everyone here will have already done so!
Capers
koalabear

Post by koalabear »

hi all,

My DS' score for STR was 220 and he's been offered a place.

Now, you won't believe this though: we've had a letter today from our super-efficient Swindon Borough Council (still no e-mail etc from Gloucestershire though) confirming the place allocation. Well, according to them, DS has been given a place at Pate's and not STR. Errr... he didn't pass for Pate's?!?!? So now I'll be worried sick until I've spoken to Gloucestershire tomorrow and have confirmed that they haven't cancelled DS' place for STR. Just when I thought it was finally over!!! :roll:
Milla

Post by Milla »

that sounds hopeless, KB! Hope you get it sorted.
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
Maureen

Re: Tommy's scores

Post by Maureen »

[quote="MChelt"]hi does anyone know the lowest mark for Tommy's offer this year. Have they gone down to 210 ?[/quote]

Hi we believe they have gone down to 215 at Tommy's.

Does anyone know how far down the waiting list they've got at Pates??
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now