Lost in the post ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Somersetexile

Post by Somersetexile »

I e-mailed the form off, and shire hall replied back after a few minutes to let me know they had received the acceptance.

Mind at rest..........
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Thanks Milla! Do you have it on speed-dial?? :lol:
langkawilucy

Post by langkawilucy »

I scanned a copy of the letter and then e-mailed as a back up in addition to posting. They replied swiftly that we had accepted the place.
Proud_Mum

Post by Proud_Mum »

Was there meant to be a letter sent back to me ?!, I sent mine last Tuesday morning straight after I filled it in the night before! Was I meant to get something to confirm that they recieved it?!

_________

Proud_Mum
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

It mentioned that if you wanted to know they had recieved it you had to include an SAE. I also read that if they did NOT recieve a reply at all they assumed you have moved out of county and would not need the place. They would NOT be chasing up 'non returns.'

Now I am jumping on the OCD wagon and will have to ring tomorrow and make sure even though I got my SAE back!! :oops: :shock:
Milla

Post by Milla »

EmeraldE wrote:Now I am jumping on the OCD wagon and will have to ring tomorrow and make sure even though I got my SAE back!! :oops: :shock:
Yeah, but you're just crazy :wink:
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

I phoned this morning and was told that there was no system for checking if they had received the form as they would not be looking at them until the 15th. So how did you persuade them to trawl through the pile Milla??!!

They said if I sent an email that would be belt and braces guess what I will be doing in a sec?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Completely different area and school but I drove acceptance down to the school, took it into the office, made the lovely lady check that I had ticked the correct box aceepting the place and not declining (!) and then got a receipt! :shock:

Yes I am paranoid, 'cos tomorrow I will probably ring and make sure they received it! :shock: :?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Milla

Post by Milla »

well, clearly I'm just gorgeous, slackmum!
I rang the number I put in response to Glparent's post and gushed to a chap who cut me off mid-gush and shunted me onto some poor woman who asked my name and DS's name and clicked on her computer and confirmed school and confirmation of receipt of my acknowledgement thing.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Could you ring my school for me :wink:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now