Movement after Monday ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

allovernow

Movement after Monday ?

Post by allovernow »

How much movement tends to happen after the cut-off date for returning your preferences ? I know Shire Hall will contact people after 31st March but do the schools get in touch separately before then ? Is there any way of finding out how the waiting lists are moving (I've tried but get a non-committal reply) ?

Nervously waiting... :roll:
Milla

Post by Milla »

presumably you could give Pate's a call direct from next week - there are forms to send back independent of Shire Hall accepting or declining place. So they might have some indep picture of what's what. And, as has been mentioned on other threads in other counties, the "movement" keeps on happening through into the summer holidays. Ideally you'd like to hear by mid June when the induction day is but it's not over yet (despite your name!) Remember how far down they went last year. Having said that, fewer indie children than last year are in this year (don't know if that's got in / applied, just fewer) so it might not go down to the full 160 since the movement tends to be due to them moving, rather than the state sector moving.
Good luck with it all.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Milla wrote:And, as has been mentioned on other threads in other counties, the "movement" keeps on happening through into the summer holidays.
Often there is no movement after the last day of appeals for each school - the appeals make them oversubscribed, and they can't add more pupils until they're back down to PAN.
fewer indie children than last year are in this year (don't know if that's got in / applied, just fewer) so it might not go down to the full 160 since the movement tends to be due to them moving, rather than the state sector moving.
Hmm. Before this years 11+ I kept hearing rumours of large numbers of children from independent schools swelling the 11+ numbers, making it more difficult for state sector children to get in. Obviously rumours were wrong!
Capers
Milla

Post by Milla »

have heard far fewer than anticipated from Richard Pate's but on song from St Edward's. our school, state primary, pretty much as normal.
langkawilucy

Post by langkawilucy »

I think that there are around 12 from St Edwards this year going to Pates. I know at least one girl in the top 120 who turned down Pates in favour of DR.