Bus from Ciren to SHS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Gypsypony

Bus from Ciren to SHS?

Post by Gypsypony »

Hi, can anyone tell me what time the bus leaves and returns Cirencester for SHS/Marling?
The bus company have our details down on the waiting list for Sept, but couldn't or wouldn't tell me times and costs!! :shock:
koalabear

Post by koalabear »

Hi,

I looked into all of them last year and this is what I've got for Marling - hope it helps!

From Cirencester Beeches Car Park
Morning 7:40 leave
Afternoon 16:10 arrive
ca. £400 per term
Rover European Travel - 01453 832121
D R Hand, The Coach House, Horsley, Stroud, Glos, GL6 0PU
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Whoo - expensive! Cheaper (& greener) than a car each day, though, and a lot cheaper than sending a child to a private school (where you'd still have to transport them anyway).

Ever though of moving to Stroud? Property here is cheaper than Ciren (or beyond), it's a pleasant place to live, and walking to school is possible. And it's got a Waitrose (with very nice staff).
Capers
Gypsypony

Post by Gypsypony »

Thank you koalabear, I thought as much. Better start saving now!

And as for moving to the Stroud area, I don't think so "cousin" Capers, way too close to those crazy relatives!! :lol:
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Gypsypony wrote:And as for moving to the Stroud area, I don't think so "cousin" Capers, way too close to those crazy relatives!! :lol:
Well, with regards to distance, I suppose it's all relative.
Capers
koalabear

Post by koalabear »

No problem Gypsypony!

I've paid the school fees (and as capers pointed out, the school bus on top of it!!!) etc so it looks cheap to me in comparison. Having said that, we're moving to Ciren as I still need to commute to Swindon for work every day - yuk! Ciren is somewhere in the middle for DS and I...

In our case, there doesn't seem to be a coach to Tommies though and the mini-bus that I've contacted isn't cheap so I'm currently considering the normal bus which stops about 10-15 mins walk from the school and which will only cost about £40 per month!!! I'll have to do the trip myself a few times to see what it's like but apparently 5/6 boys do that every day.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

cost about £40 per month!!!
Good grief that is cheap. We are currently paying circa £90 a month to get from the Forest to Tommies and next year I will be paying for two. The plus side is they get to travel with all the other grammar and church school pupils. With Tommies being all boys I like the social mix. Might be tempting to look into it though.