Re-considerations - March 31

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

WorriedRuby

did anyone get any good news on the second round?

Post by WorriedRuby »

just curious to know did anyone get in tommies/pates in the second round?
naivemum

movement after monday

Post by naivemum »

Hi Ruby,

I know its a late reply but I have been wondering the same. I have heard of 1 place being offered at STR on the second round but not aware of the Pates situation. I wonder if any more movement is likely? It all seems very quiet.
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

Would love to know how low Pate's went this year, last I heard it didn't seem to have gone to 130
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I have heard of 1 place being offered at STR on the second round
So does that mean that four of those 10 boys with scores of 215 still haven't got places :shock: . I do hope they are appealing especially if they have raised the admissions number for next year. This seems so unfair.
koalabear

Post by koalabear »

hi all,

i've been told by one of set of parents a very strange story about how their child got in due to lost application or something... i didn't want to ask as there had never been talks about the boy in question sitting the entrance exam etc so considering what our children have gone through, i'd rather not know that somebody got in somehow undeservingly... or am i making assumptions here?!?!

Sorry but i know what the wait was like and have followed what you all are going through... does anyone know whether some children get in without having passed / sat the exam?!?!?!
WorriedRuby

Post by WorriedRuby »

That is very UNFAIR if some children get in without sitting in the exams. I haven't heard of anyone getting in without sitting in exams, but if it does happen then what's point of having entrance test?

Do you mind if I ask you which school you are talking about?
capers123

Post by capers123 »

I would expect all children to take the exam, and if an application to take the exam was lost (and could be proven to have been delivered to the school), then I'd expect an exam at a later date.

However, if, once having taken the exam (and passed with a high enough score to get in), paperwork were lost or - say - somehow the child was missed off the list sent to the LEA by the school of pupils who had passed, then upon discovering the error, a place should be offered to the pupil without an appeal.

I've known this happen (once) when the papers were re-marked by hand before the appeals, and the child should have had a higher mark. Mind you, I've also known that a paper was marked too high by the machine, so the child went from qualified to non-qualified (but was appealing anyway).
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now