Anyone travel from Ledbury area to HSG?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
morrisdancingmummy

Anyone travel from Ledbury area to HSG?

Post by morrisdancingmummy »

Hi there. :idea:
I have a year 5 daughter and would love to send her to HSG but we live over the border in Herefordshire (only just!) :-(
Does anyone out there travel to HSG daily or send them on the bus from Ledbury. Any advice/ info gratefully appreciated.
cairo

Post by cairo »

I'm not in your area, but as you haven't received any replies yet, just thought I'd say that I know someone who lives in the Ledbury area with children at Pates & STR. She drives her children to school...so whether this means there isn't a bus, I don't know.

Why don't you give the school office a ring and see what they say?

Hopefully someone else with better info than me will respond soon!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

I don't know about that area, but I'm sure there would be a bus from Newent - would driving your child there be possible?

You could also ask the school directly how many children come from your area.
Capers
morrisdancingmummy

transport from Ledbury area

Post by morrisdancingmummy »

Many thanks to those of you that have responded.
I have discovered there is abus to Gloucester Bus station that leaves Ledbury at 7.10! YIKES! That would get her to the bus station but still leaves her a 20 minute walk to school from there on her own! We did it together and I'm sure I couldn't let her do it alone at 11! Presumably there are a lot of kids arriving in the bus station around 8am to get to Denmark?
Unfortunately the prob with being working Mum is driving to gloucester is off the agenda as I have to be at work in Malvern for 8.30... UMMMM

any other thought welcomed from you jugglers out there! :?: :?: :?:
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

If my year 5 DD gets in to HSG she will most likely have to get the train from Stroud and walk. We did ask at the open evening and it sounds like there are always a few walking from the bus/train station. Sorry if this is a stupid question - is the train an option for your DD? Have no idea if there's a train station near you!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now