Do we get another letter or is that it

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
slackmum

Do we get another letter or is that it

Post by slackmum »

We got offered our first choice school and sent back the acceptance form, is that it or do we get another letter confirming our place?

I received an email from Pates today with a new pupil form to fill out and return, should I just assume that that means everything has gone smoothly? Or should I continue to be paranoid and imagine all sorts of possible calamities from the letter being eaten by a wandering dragon to it being stolen by a highwayman who held up the post carriage.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Hello Gloucestershire! :lol:
I would imagine that the email from the school is a good sign that all is well - especially as the communication was a 'new pupil' form.
Do beware any wandering dragons or highwaymen though!
susiesue

Post by susiesue »

Slackmum, what ranking was your DC?
Gypsypony

Post by Gypsypony »

Hi Slackmum

On the back to your letter from Shire Hall it said if you are accepting the place you will hear nothing further from the 0-16 Team.
So as you've heard from Pate's direct, you can relax and enjoy this glorious Easter weather.............. :lol:
forestdad

Post by forestdad »

susiesue,

I can tell you that rank 131 did not get a place in the second round and (as I am reliably informed) places were offered to 125 in the first round, so that means that less than 6 must have withdrawn - if promotions from the waiting list were indeed allocated strictly according to the ranked score as per the stated policy.

Looking at previous posts, places in the 140's or higher were given to people on the waiting list in previous years so either this is a symptom of the recession or perhaps there is a large margin set aside for appeals?
Milla

Post by Milla »

very very few get in on appeal.
It must have gone down to at least 126 this year in first round.
panicking now (!) about Pate's form. I started filling it in ... but what then? lost? actually filled in and sent off (sounds hard to believe).
We will get, in due course, something or other about the induction process - for them and us, there's an evening thing we go to in June so presumably that mailing will include uniform stuff and so on, too.
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

susiesue wrote:Slackmum, what ranking was your DC?
Sorry to not reply before number 126 it really is looking like skin of the teeth time.

I feel so sorry for all the others in the 120-160 pool all the correspondence and history pointed to it going much lower. Will there be much more movement do we think?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now