new pupil info on Pates entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

if anyone wants to know what is on the form sent to school PM me.
Glparent

Re: new pupil info on Pates entry

Post by Glparent »

Ok, have tackled the Kukri system and ordered skorts (ladies size 6) and tracksuit bottoms (ladies 6 with 26" leg).
Wait with baited breath ....... my DD will be the one who looks like a refugee in September! :oops:

What else do we need to do from that list, before the parent meeting?????? Off to feel inadequate again :roll:
Milla

Post by Milla »

well done, glp. Had rather let the whole thing slide from my mind. But am spared the skort horrors! I know that you're very efficient (!) so let me know if there's anything I should know :wink:
Milla

Post by Milla »

Have had the reminder e-mail from Fiona ... but, for parents of boys, there's no need to go scurrying to kukuri is there?? Am being given a hand me down Pate's sports top (whatever that is?? it'll be like a dress on my boy come what may) but is there any need for Pate's own shorts, with badges?? Will mine be the only one in plain gear??
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

I have not ordered anything off that website yet either
Pushkin

Post by Pushkin »

I intend to get just the warm up top from kukri for my ds.
Pushkin
mum3

Post by mum3 »

I have a son in Yr9 at Pate's so just to reassure everyone about boys' uniform :D

He wears black trousers. I got in a panic about the worsted/dark grey element but he and friends all wear black trousers. We buy them from M and S, BHS, John Lewis (Waitrose in Chelt). Shirts also from there. The only things I bought from the Famous were the rugby shirt,socks and tie and badge for blazer. Blazer itself from M and S and I sewed the badge on with own fair hands. You can buy a heavy duty blazer with integral badge from the Famous but I preferred M and S because it is washable and I knew he would grow out of it pretty quickly (which he did) or tear it (which he also did...).

PE Stuff: white polo shirt or t shirt from anywhere, ditto white shorts and plain white trainers.

Mrs Ryder works in the main front office and is also in charge of ordering the Kurri sportswear (as you all know). Mrs Hutton-Potts also works in that office and is the 'School Secretary'. Either should be able to answer any queries.

School dinners: can be bought on ad hoc basis. £3 a day should suffice (thats what I give mine) or a packed lunch.

Hope this helps!! It's all a bit scary I know, but Pate's is generally very laid back (honestly!!!) in all its rules and regulations.
Milla

Post by Milla »

thanks, mum3, that's just great! I'd thought I'd seen them in dark trousers and glad to have that confirmed - was thinking it was a dirty windscreen.
mum3

Post by mum3 »

Also meant to say I bought the Kurri rugby waterproof top thing in year 7 and whatever size I got(can't remember now I am afraid), he grew out of it v v quickly so err on the larger sizes (DS is average size not huge, or tiny). He only wore it about a couple of times. If your DS is sporty and likely to be picked for teams, they are worth buying if only for sitting on sidelines in pouring rain, as they will naturally refuse to wear anything else vaguely waterproof or coat-like.....
Milla

Post by Milla »

great! the more stuff like this (fact, not wild speculation; mirror I am not looking at you :oops: ) the better.