Traffic Cheltenham next Tuesday for Pate's

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

slackmum

Traffic Cheltenham next Tuesday for Pate's

Post by slackmum »

Hi
Hope someone can let me know what the traffic is like in Cheltenham in the rush hour.

Need to be at Pate's for 9.15 am and I come from between Cirencester and Stroud. I usually go through Birdlip to the Air Balloon roundabout and then into Cheltenham on the B4070 and all the way through, it is a 35-40 minute journey. How much will I need to add on for traffic?

Any help gratefully received as do not want to drop DS2 off at friend's at silly o'clock and be sitting around but certainly do not want to be late for DS1. I was thinking an hour is that sensible?

Thanks
Glparent

Re: Traffic Cheltenham next Tuesday for Pate's

Post by Glparent »

Princess Elizabeth Way (the main road the school is on) gets VERY congested at rush hour, as do most routes into town. There will be queues whichever way you choose so have PM'd you some alternative directions!
Milla

Post by Milla »

I thought we had to be there for 9???!
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Have just re-read original info (and phoned school JUST to be sure!!! :roll: ) - they need to be there to start at 9.30am so preferrably there for 9.15.

They need snack & drink but lunch provided, PE kit (tshirt, shorts, trainers) pencilcase & notebook.

Good luck with the traffic - see you there ladies! :D
Milla

Post by Milla »

did you get the French e-mail? Do I take it that some children are doing 2 sessions and some just one? We're def doing 2. French taught to date negligible. Still snort at that e-mail and its asking how much French he might have done with a private tutor. Is this whole Pate's thing going to be one great enormous eye opener into how the other half do it?? I already know that my friend at Chelt Ladies supplements much of the teaching there with private tutors. Please don't say that this is the norm!!
Anyway, back to topic, traffic should be good at that time. see you there!
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

We're doing 2 too! Tutor made me laugh too! I suspect 7 years of eye-opening .......... I can hear my bank balance groaning as we speak :cry:
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

Decided against the French - logistics just too much - and school assures me that he has done 2/3 years of French although he doesn't seem to know much. Have I made a horrible mistake, think I can probably fill in colours, numbers etc... help
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now