Pates teacher visiting school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ciren mum

Pates teacher visiting school

Post by ciren mum »

My son's teacher told him today that a Pates teacher is coming to see him at school on Friday. Has anybody else had or been told of such a visit? Maybe it is a primary liason person?
Milla

Re: Pates teacher visiting school

Post by Milla »

well somewhere along the line we were told it would happen, maybe in some intro bumpf, but have had no tied down info? Well, we haven't. Maybe a girl's parent has .... :?
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Ditto Milla - remember it being mentioned but no definite date. Seem to remember DD mentioning that the teacher from Tommys was in few days before half term, so I expect it's coming up! :wink:
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Certainly Stroud High send a teacher round to each school that has a child joining them next year. We knew it would happen, but only found out 'when' when our daughter told us it had happened that day.
Capers
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

DS has just informed me that a teacher from Pates is coming to see him tomorrow and the other little girl who is going to Pates in September. I know nothing about it but this little girl told DS...
(shouts up the stairs "Get a shower, wash your hair and throw me that jumper to get washed!")

Standards! :lol:
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

what will they talk about? Are they telling them about the school or asking them about themselves?
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

I was under the impression it was so they knew a friendly face when they rocked up on the first induction day. Perhaps it will be their form teacher? I assume it is a two way street info-wise..better warn DS1 about his P's and Q's!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

DD had a visit from a GS teacher in the term before she went. Was pleased that they went ... wasn't sure if they would include the private schools.

DD enjoyed it - just a general chat and getting to know the teacher and vice versa.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

DS had a visit at primary school.The teacher mainly discussed what was going to happen on their induction day in July and if they had any burning issues they wanted to discuss! All the secondary schools sent teachers-seems to be a standard thing in Gloucestershire.
Gypsypony

Post by Gypsypony »

We were told by the primary head that DD was due a visit from SHS the week before half term. She arrived early, before I'd left the playground, so I got to meet her. Neither DD or myself could remember her name or whether she was a teacher or not!
DD got to ask lots of questions, and as far as I can glean she wasn't asked any background info. Although the following day I received a letter full of forms to fill in, and uniform lists.
The best bit was the log in details so DD can get on-line and contact fellow Stroud High "Chicks", now she feels really part of her new school.
New intake parents evening on 24th June, we get to meet head of year and form teacher then. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now