Update on position of waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Milla

Re: Update on position of waiting lists

Post by Milla »

Exactly, and one can just imagine the look of vague surprise, slight outrage that they should have to consider anyone else at all (genuine reasons are excused!)
naivemum

Post by naivemum »

A boy at my son's school has just been offered a place at STR on 214 apparently 2 places came up!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Milla wrote: we had tried to get our son moved from the class he was put into at the beginning since he was allocated German, and we'd rather have had Spanish (go there frequently AND meant to be easier to get a high mark). No could do. Mr K, the head, was adamant. That seating arrangements had been drawn up and form lists printed and so on. In the end it all worked out fine (he's OK at German!) but that's a different situation. :evil:
It did you a favour Milla, because German is so much better - OK it is harder, but that is a good point; and everyone does Spanish. It will stand out, and if he ever wants to learn Russian, which is the most beautiful and perfect language in the world, he will find it so much easier and more accessible.

I hope he carries on to GCSE. Call me if he ever needs help!
Milla

Post by Milla »

I adore Russian, well, the sound of it, absolutely magical, and the old national anthem - esp cf our dirge. He will continue, I think - his father speaks German and it's good for my control freakery not to be able to "help."
Good news about the 214 boys - does this mean, well, it must, that all the 215-ers got places in the end?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now