Logistics for Tests - Watch? Pens? Pencils?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KS10

Re: Logistics for Tests - Watch? Pens? Pencils?

Post by KS10 »

Sorry - it's easy to get paranoid with no emoticons.
ltweedie

Post by ltweedie »

My Daughter is sitting the test at Stroud High - does anyone know if they have to write their name/reg number at the top of the paper at the beginning of the test and is this whilst being timed. Daughter is stressing about this!
cairo

Post by cairo »

Last year, the registration numbers were already printed on the papers apparently. The children did have to write their names on the paper though. My son also stressed about this, as he doesn't actually use his first name, so was concerned that he would mis-spell it! However, I'm 99.9% certain that all of this takes place before the test actually starts.
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

I concur with Cairo, DS1 said his number was already on the form and he was talked thorough anything they had to fill in. This was all done before the official timing. I never thought about it until DS went in, then spent the whole time he was there stressing that he would be freaked out by this unexpected aspect of the test that I had not told him about! :? :) I need not have worried as the invigilators were excellent at putting them at their ease and making sure the basic were done.
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

Definately needed to take pencils to the test at Marling last year, we all had little sandwich bags full of them! Marling provided biscuits in the break.

We were sent a letter detailing what we had to do, the number to wear on the day and a sample paper of 10ish questions (two of which had the wrong answers)!! They sat the test in small classes in alpabetacal order.

All the boys walked in looking nervous but came bouncing out (apart from ours who it turned out later had gone down with swine flu) they all looked like they had had a good morning and already made friends.
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Does any one know if DCs are allowed to take a ruler in with them? DD is sitting the test at Stroud High. I'm trying to find a way to make sure she doesn't miss mark the answer boxes on the paper where the answers are just A,B,C,D,E etc.

I'm guessing that at schools where they provide everything a ruler wouldn't be allowed. Can anyone with experience of a DD sitting at Stroud High remember what the rules were?

Thanks

Pixiequeen
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now