GOOD LUCK TO ALL NEWBIES (and old hands) FOR TOMMY'S ON FRI

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Milla

GOOD LUCK TO ALL NEWBIES (and old hands) FOR TOMMY'S ON FRI

Post by Milla »

DS1 has been cultivating a sore throat all week, but, sadly, tomorrow IS the day they go back / start for new. Wafting aside, momentarily, the intense irksomeness of starting on a FRIDAY (partic when an inset day is scheduled for a Friday in Nov or Dec ....) I do hope tomorrow is good - or at least OK! - for all tomorrow.
For newbies - it CAN take a time. My DS1 was lucky to settle immediately (socially at least...) into his class but his best friend from round here took maybe a year. The school is 100% inflexible about moving them. My DS1 had a "friendship group" featuring about 5 from his form and one other from another form who latched onto them. His parents tried, but Mr K just REFUSED to let the boy move. They have to sit it out and lump it but, eventually (if not quite quickly) it CAN take time. Not just at Tommy's, I rush to add, everywhere.
And this time tomorrow - hoorah, the weekend begins!
cairo

Re: GOOD LUCK TO ALL NEWBIES (and old hands) FOR TOMMY'S ON

Post by cairo »

Thanks for the good luck wishes.

DS1 got off the bus following his first day at Tommies today with a big grin on his face - and has been full of stories and life and excitement all evening. So all well so far.

I think it was helped by the previous two days' Science Summer School, which was a nice gentle introduction for those boys that attended. And in a couple of weeks they are all off for a 3 day jolly in Stratford, which should help break the ice.

I personally don't mind the INSET day in December. I know it's tricky with work/childcare etc, but the Autumn term can seem terribly long without some little break.
Milla

Re: GOOD LUCK TO ALL NEWBIES (and old hands) FOR TOMMY'S ON

Post by Milla »

mine's really enjoying year 9. (how CAN he be old enough to be in year 9!!) Said he dreaded going back since he loves being at home so much but is getting properly stuck in and it's lovely to see. Admittedly, only 3 days in...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now