Open Evenings

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
turtleglos

Re: Open Evenings

Post by turtleglos »

just waiting for test results was/is my plan!easy to get carried away in a flap at this time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eeek...i just want it DONE now tbh..
Thats exactly how I feel 8) We looked at Marling(our local) in July and both ds and I loved it. Then we looked at Pates, I was totally underwhelmed by the experience, particularly a group of unsupervised children further up the school! Ds loved the whole experience :evil:
I have decided to look around the local comps outside our catchment as well as the one inside(ds face when he read the name of the school on the letter said it all) and not decide anything until we get the results through. We can always have another visit if needed.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
slackmum

Re: Open Evenings

Post by slackmum »

It is strange that what I consider to be the major difference between Pate's and the other GSs rarely gets mentioned. I loved STR but felt that a co-educational GS would be better for my DS as he has no sisters and only does Scouts and rugby outside school so would not easily come into contact with girls. It was this aspect that was the decider for us once we came to make the choice between the GSs. It is definately horses for courses they all have their own flavour.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now