Bribery...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

muminTewkes

Bribery...

Post by muminTewkes »

So,as a light hearted aside and because reading the threads on how many of you have used chocolate as bribes Im beginning to realise Ive been far too generous with mine! :lol:well,actually DS possibly drives too hard a bargain!
...have/do you bribe?and if so,with what?Have you offered an errr,lets say,incentive to passing this darn exam?or are you going to use a surprise"well done"gift/treat at the end?
Just wondered..... :D ...
Milla

Re: Bribery...

Post by Milla »

treat for us, a DS game, came the afternoon of the test. To reflect the effort put in, the grim morning just endured. Was so tempted to buy "my french coach" or something worthy (!) but probably settled for Mario nonsense. Seemed unfair to muddy the waters by associating it with the results. Plus my child's birthday was right around the results so he was presented-out anyway.
The chocolate, it seems, is delivered a bit like training a dog with sausage. The temptation is not to indulge too much in One for me, one for you, two for me, one for you. Chocolate, that is, not sausage. :?
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

We had a fish and chips supper after the exams, and then rewarded his effort with a 'phone. After the results, we'll hopefully be celebrating with a family meal.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Last year, on the days that DS had his tests, he wanted a home-made chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream and grated white chocolate on top. I ended up making this on three separate occasions even though he had just 2 tests as one was postponed due to snow.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

munster household probably not typical and herman a bit stingey, but studying, taking and passing exams (and second go at them if necessary) is part of the normal pattern of life.

My last ( :shock: I hope) was aged 45 (multi choice 3 hours - finished after 90 mins, wet out and no one else came out for another hour!!).

Anyway, it means that most rewards are more pats on the head and a small pressy or even more chocolate than usual.

I do really think it is important however to reward / praise etc the studying and effort and not the result - the passing or not as the case may be is in others hands to some extent....
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

KS10 wrote:Last year, on the days that DS had his tests, he wanted a home-made chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream and grated white chocolate on top. I ended up making this on three separate occasions even though he had just 2 tests as one was postponed due to snow.
that sounds fantastic - roll on the snow ! (and the chocolate :oops: )
glosguy

Post by glosguy »

Will be treating DD to a meal after the exam for her effort over the last few months. Havent thought about what to reward her with if she manages to pass. :?
Alice in Underland

Post by Alice in Underland »

Shamlessly we have offered Son a Nintendo Wiiif he gets into the school of his choice.
He has been negotiating hard for a new game for his DS BUT is actually very happy if he is told he has done really well and given a big hug or a High Five.
1203tommy

Post by 1203tommy »

Me too! I've offered bribery!!! At the beginning of this process offered bribe -it's got her to work! Shamefully I've offered her money!! Oh and were going on holiday when all this over! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now