when do we receive results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
EmeraldE

Re: when do we receive results?

Post by EmeraldE »

I would not think so. Not everyone would have included an e-mail and it would not be GCC's likely modus operandi. It's always been letter before plus not all results come from GCC, most come from schools themselves.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I am of the belief that it is best to get the news on your own. If its great then yes you will be pacing the boards waiting to impart it. If it ain't then best get over your own disappointment so you are in a better position to cope with theirs.

Lucky things such a short time of anxt :wink:

Is it just Tommy's that will come from the CC this year as hasn't HSFG gone voluntary? Also will Tommy's do their own now they are an Academy?
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

According to GCC it states the 15th to receive outcome of grammar test. Thats Friday
No, No, No! I am going to work on Friday :shock: (in another town so no popping back at lunchtime to see if the post has been)

On a positive note, given how rubbish our post is that might mean we actually get our results on Saturday, not Monday.

Cannot see how, if the late sitters are doing the test on Thurs, they will get the results sorted and in the post on Thursday.
glosguy

Post by glosguy »

Q: When will I know the test results?
A: You will be sent a letter on 15th November 2010 informing you if your child has reached the required standard for entry into the school(s). You should receive one letter from each school you have asked to be considered for. This is because your child will have a different standardised score for each school you have asked to be considered for

Q: What if my child is ill on the day of the test, or they are unable to make the original date?
A: We will hold a late testing day at Shire Hall on Thur/Fri the following week. This is only for those children who are unable to make the first date of the 9th October due to exceptional reasons which have been agreed by our Senior Officers. If you think your child will be unable to make the test date of the 9th October, please contact us to discuss alternative arrangements. If your child is ill on the day of the test, or in the week leading up to the test, please also let us know and we will discuss alternative arrangements with you. You will still need to register for the test in the normal way, and by the deadline of 1st October 12 noon
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

15th of NOVEMBER?????
Oh gosh that cant be right!...surely thats from last year when it was later?
Its all just too much :(
I wondered if it were just Tommys on Fri(GCC)and the others Sat?
Oh I dont know anything anymore.....
morrisdancingmummy

Post by morrisdancingmummy »

I don't think the 15th November can be right- as we have to hand our forms in by 31st october! I assume its a typo! Doesn't help with the anxiety though. Feeling sicker every day (me not DD1) and am now addicted to these forums as well! AAAH!
happychap

Post by happychap »

I have just rung GCC and they have confirmed that the results are sent out on October 15th in the post.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Thankyou happychap.
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Obviously their website is acting as an internal memo then :lol:

Note: 15th October...remember to send out results to half crazed mums and dads of DS's and DD's

hee hee :D
Though how I can even crack a smile is beyond me :?