2010 Results chat

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
proudaspunch

Re: 2010 Results chat

Post by proudaspunch »

dc scored 208 at shs so no pass . she'd really love to go there , this score was after 3 weeks of practise so very proud of her performance !!! do i have a hope if i appeal ???
capers123

Post by capers123 »

proudaspunch wrote:dc scored 208 at shs so no pass . she'd really love to go there , this score was after 3 weeks of practise so very proud of her performance !!! do i have a hope if i appeal ???
Apart from stress, there's no harm in appealing. Children with lower scores have won appeals in the past, but you'll need some good grounds for appeal. The 3 weeks practice is helpful to mention.
Capers
proudaspunch

Post by proudaspunch »

we plan on doing the best we possibly can for her , she really surprised us with her ability to do the code question types with such ease and no help . she is also a july birth so a young one with little practise !! and live within a mile of stroud high so hopefully all these factors will help . :)
BJOD

Post by BJOD »

New to this so please bear with me ...
Alice in Underland, How do you know you C was in the top 120 for Tommies? :?:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I don't think she does. I think she probably means passes for Tommies and Crypt it just read strangely because she posted the Marling info first as it was the school she wanted.

Tommies don't give ranks just pas and a score.
Milla

Post by Milla »

one can generally feel pretty sure that if top 120 for Pate's (mixed gender) and for Marling then you're ipso facto top 120 (or whatever) for the others since more will have gone for Pate's and so to be within top 120 of a bigger pool means you're bound to be top of a smaller one.
Alice in Underland

Post by Alice in Underland »

Sorry to confuse you BJOD but Tolstoy did give the correct explanation.
DS was in top 120 for Marling (no score or detailed ranking, given) and we were told had passed for the other Grammars, score but no ranking given.
Since we live in Stroud and his sister goes to SHS he will be off to Marling.

Oh I only have a Grammar school education, a BSc and an MSc....bound to make the odd mistake from time to time !
BJOD

Post by BJOD »

Alice-I-U, Tolstoy and Milla, Thanks for clarifying ... I think I like Milla's logic best as it is simple enough for my brain to compute ... but of course, what about those who, say, only (naively IMHO) tick the Cheltenham schools on the form - they of course are not in the cohort for STRS or Crypt?
Anyhow, what do all you analysts think will be the lowest score being offered on 2 Mar 11 for Crypt or STRS, based on past history, 09 & 10 entry figures, these chats, peoples feedback on a "harder" (?) / more vocab based set of tests this year?
capers123

Post by capers123 »

BJOD wrote:Anyhow, what do all you analysts think will be the lowest score being offered on 2 Mar 11 for Crypt or STRS, based on past history, 09 & 10 entry figures, these chats, peoples feedback on a "harder" (?) / more vocab based set of tests this year?
I think it is impossible to say. Until March. Even then, there will be shuffling round afterwards.

Yes, there are trends, but - for example - 3 years ago, Ribston was hugely oversubscribed & Denmark Road undersubscribed. The following year that swapped around.
Capers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now