Marling test results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
qip001

Marling test results

Post by qip001 »

Hi everyone. My DS1 got a score of 229 with the passing score of 216 at Marling, rank 189. I wonder if anyone has kids at Marling and roughly knows from previous years experience if my DS has a realistic chance of getting in. Marling is our first choice, we live close by. Many thanks
capers123

Re: Marling test results

Post by capers123 »

Pretty good chance of getting in.

Don't forget that the 188 boys above him includes everyone who ticked Marling as well as ticking Pates, Tommies & Crypt. They may well actually want those schools, and if (for instance) one person ticked all 4 schools (as most people will have), they can only take up one of those places. You'll find that there's a huge shift up the ranks on Allocation Day.

I think this year that most (possibly all) boys who passed for Marling and put it as first preference got in. Certainly I'd heard that there were not many appeals!
Capers
qip001

Post by qip001 »

Capers-thanks a lot for reassurance. He is actually 188th-overlooked the number on the letter in all this frenzy!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

qip001 wrote:Capers-thanks a lot for reassurance. He is actually 188th-overlooked the number on the letter in all this frenzy!
I know two who have passed for Marling & Pates & will take the latter - so he'll be at 186 now... Not that the list moves until Allocation Day...
Capers