CAT polls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
haeckel

CAT polls

Post by haeckel »

I've been asked which item should be ticked if you qualify for more than one item in the poll.

Think it would be most informative if you tick the highest one for which you qualify. I didn't want to rank the schools, but think the qualifying goes in this order:

Boys:
Marling, lowest qualifying score required
Crypt
STR
Pate's, highest qualifying score required

Girls:
SHS, lowest qualifying score required
Ribston Hall
HSFG
Pate's, highest qualifying score required

Because the Stroud polls are separate, it would be possible for everyone to do both the Stroud & appropriate Glos. school, so two votes in total.

Please do correct me if I am wrong about any of this.
Milla

Re: CAT polls

Post by Milla »

My 2 boys got different grammars and with v diff CAT scores. No option to put both.
haeckel

Post by haeckel »

Could you put the most recent one?
Milla

Post by Milla »

Interestingly the most recent one, who got Pate's with good score, did significantly worse in his CAT than the STRS son. Yet DS2 should have been (that favourite old phrase!) so much better at CAT tests as that sort of thing right up his street. Just goes to show what a lottery etc!!
Last edited by Milla on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Sorry I cant be much help on this one. I will post my ds1's scores when I eventually manage to get them from the school :evil: They are being a little obstinate.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Mine were too turtleglos :evil: because "they can be hard to understand"...(obv.not heard of this forum :lol: )
I hate people knowing things about my children I dont!
glosguy

Post by glosguy »

Just out of interest, can someone please tell me what the SHS required pass mark was.
Gypsypony

Post by Gypsypony »

I think it's 216
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Of course, the qualifying scores for each school can't actually be compared with each other. There are also other incongruities - for the last few years Ribston has been undersubscribed and has filled up on appeal with girls who didn't pass for any school!
Capers
1203tommy

Post by 1203tommy »

Just asked DD1's school for her CAT scores, they said they'd be ready this afternoon when i pick her up! They even said they gave them out in parents evening before half term, we were away. Very impressed with daughter's school!