Bus from Malmesbury to SHS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chickenlady

Bus from Malmesbury to SHS?

Post by chickenlady »

Hello there, my daughter is going to SHS in September and I'm trying to find out what our options are for buses (Malmesbury / Tetbury area). The school don't want to know, and pass you on to Gloucs County Council, and their website is really poor!

Have finally found that there's a bus operated by Cotswold Green that goes from Didmarton - Tetbury - SHS. But - I can't find out anything about the Malmesbury one!

Short of driving over there one morning at 7am, does anyone know:
(1) who operates the bus to SHS from Malmesbury, when it leaves etc
(2) are kids who live in Wilts entitled to any fare subsidy?

thanks for any help you can give
Karen
capers123

Re: Bus from Malmesbury to SHS?

Post by capers123 »

If SHS goes down the Academy route, then they'll be sorting out the transport rather than Glos CC. Worth having a word with the school.
Capers
Gypsypony

Post by Gypsypony »

Hi chickenlady,

My DD has a girl in her form who's from Malmesbury, she thinks she either does a lift share or catches the bus from Nailsworth :? She's going to ask the girl how she gets to school, so when they get back from Kilve next week, I'll post the answer for you.

You might find someone to lift share to Cirencester, so she could catch the bus there. Have to say we got the same response from the school when we asked about buses. You may get better information from Marling nextdoor, they usually share buses with SHS :wink:
Lapis

Post by Lapis »

Hi Chickenlady,

I am surprised that SHS did not mention Davis coaches who have been running coaches for Stroud High and Marling pupils from Malmesbury and Tetbury for many years.

Davis Coaches
Hilltop Garage, Cuckoo Row
Minchinhampton, Stroud GL6 9HA
01453 884 102

Call them and they will tell you route details and pick up times but I know the coach leaves from outside the CO-OP at the bottom of Tetbury Hill in Malmesbury at about 7.45am. The bus from Tetbury used to leave from the Tesco store at about 7.50am. They have a few pick ups on the way to Stroud arriving just before 8.30am on Cainscross road. Bus passes have to be purchased in advance each half term.

The service has always been very reliable, even laying on coaches to return children home when the schools had to close early due to adverse weather.

Hope this information might help you out.

Lapis
chickenlady

Post by chickenlady »

Thank you Lapis - that is a hundred times more helpful than the school or council!

I'll give Davis coaches a call.

best regards
Karen
Lapis

Post by Lapis »

Happy to help! :)

Lapis
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now