Stroud High PE kit

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
capers123

Stroud High PE kit

Post by capers123 »

Hint for new parents.

Along with the school uniform list, you'll be given a PE kit list. Don't bother buying football/hockey boots. They don't actually need them in Y7, and are just on the list because the list is for all years. Unless, of course, your DD joins an after-school team.

I guess the local sports shop has made a lot of money selling the boots, only for the girls feet to have grown by Y8 when they actually need them!
Capers
pixiequeen

Re: Stroud High PE kit

Post by pixiequeen »

Thank you so much for that, Capers!

DD would never voluntarily play football or hockey and the thought of having to shell out for boots made me feel evil!

Any other tips you or your DD1 can offer will be much appreciated!

Pixiequeen
Gypsypony

Post by Gypsypony »

Hi, knowing that Capers isn't the most sporty of folk :wink: , I thought I add what we've experienced.
At the parents information evening we were told to buy hockey/football boots in a size or two bigger so they'd last until yr8/9!
If you have a DD who enjoys sport then this might be of help; lunchtime hockey club is played indoors, with trainers and shin pads.
Girls who want to get into the team are expected to do after school hockey, and will need astro-turf shoes, shin pads and gum shields. It's held at Stratford Park, they walk from school in a group, and you collect your DD from there at 5pm. They're also expected to have the SHS track jacket if they're in a team, we bought it but DD only wears it for matches, otherwise she much prefers her black hoodie :roll:

So far DD has had 2 pairs of trainers (outgrown 1), 2 hockey sticks (outgrown 1), 2 gum shields (lost 1), a broken thumb (netball injury not hockey :lol: ), torn tendon (cricket injury) ........ but her hockey shoes still fit :D
Alice in Underland

Post by Alice in Underland »

Well I have a pair of lightly worn Astroturf hockey boots which might be available by September !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now