Visit from Pates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
muminTewkes

Visit from Pates

Post by muminTewkes »

DS1 had the deputy head come from Pates this afternoon to have a chat :)
Son was most impressed,not least because he got pulled out of a pretty boring class!
He arrived unannounced and very luckily DS went in today as he was shattered from a bush craft camp over the weekend,Id contemplated keeping him off-DS would never have forgiven me!
He just asked about interests and sports and lessons he enjoyed,all very pleasant.

So,anyone else had their visits yet?
Chelt123

Re: Visit from Pates

Post by Chelt123 »

A lady (Head of the Lower School) visited my DD's school on Friday and spoke to the children as a group not individually. My DD is now really looking forward to the taster day next month.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

I think its all hitting home now and he's so,so excited.
Love that they do this-DS was the group in his school :wink:
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

Do you know if they visit all the schools?
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

My understanding from Head of Year 7 was that last year they had pupils from 93 different primaries and they tried to get around as many as possible. I'm assuming relatively local isn't too tricky, but as they take alot from out of county I wonder how far they're prepared to travel! Overseas pupils are phoned??? :shock:
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Glparent wrote:Overseas pupils are phoned??? :shock:
Not unusual. I've known quite a few parents who have moved house during or just before school holidays Y6 to Y7, so as to minimise the disruption to the children. The Glos. 11+ can be sat overseas at the childs school, under exam conditions, although the main problem tends to be vocab - especially if the children have been in the USA for some time speaking American English.

So yes, Overseas pupils are 'phoned.

I also notice that there are some Y6's coming to Stroud High from Swindon this year, and overheard conversations of parents going to Ribston / HSFG from Swindon as well. I wouldn't want my girls to do it, but different people have different priorities.
Capers
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Ds1 had his visit yesterday also by the deputy head. He was thrilled and is now really looking forward to the induction days. It is great to see him looking so happy. :D
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
livviloo

Post by livviloo »

DS tells me he and the other child from his school were seen together by the head of Y7. I tried to find out what they talked about and he said, sport and hobbies and stuff. stuff?!
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Yep lots of "stuff"here too :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now