Primary school spaces

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
littlebaker

Primary school spaces

Post by littlebaker »

Hello all. My DH and I are wondering if a move to Gloucestershire and to a primary school with single years would be the answer to our current problem. Bit risky if our two don't get into GS but it might just work out. With this in mind does anyone know of a good primary school that currently has space for a child in both year 1 and year 3? I just hoped that someone from the area might recommend a good primary with spaces as I'm not familiar with each school and calling each and every one that simply looks good online seems a bit naive. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks everyone.
yoyo123

Re: Primary school spaces

Post by yoyo123 »

anywhere in particular? Gloucestershire is a big place!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

All admissions,including in year, are handled by the LA admissions dept now,so I would give them a ring and ask them what spaces are available.It would help if you had a rough idea of the area you wanted though!

GM
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

Not sure how much you must be in gloucestershire - we're in warwickshire and they have grammar schools too. We know more about the primary schools but our DD did attend one in Lower Swell.
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Thanks yoyo123, gloucestermum and magwich. DH works in Bristol so needs to get back in for work hence the attraction of the Gloucestershire GS's. I didn't have a particular area in mind as I didn't want to restrict our chances of finding a good primary with spaces by being too specific but I agree that I should probably contact the LA next week and seek their advice. It just would have been good to have had other parents' views on the actual schools. Thanks anyway for responding.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

when we had to move from Brighton to Kent I had huge problems getting a primary school place, every school I rang wanted to know where I lived, I couldn;t tell them as I would move near the primary school. Finally ended up getting a place at the biggest primary school in Folkestone which had a few spaces free in Yr1
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

littlebaker, have you considered Stroud as somewhere to live? DH and I both commute to Bristol from here. If you wanted to live as near as poss to the motorway you could consider Kings Stanley C of E School - def. single year groups, I know they got several into grammar this year and Kings Stanley a good place to live. Of course there are lots of good primaries here - if you want to consider this area I am happy to tell you what I know of specific schools - feel free to PM me if I can help.

Pixiequeen
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now