Any girls on south side of Gloucester going to Pate's?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
fruit salad

Any girls on south side of Gloucester going to Pate's?

Post by fruit salad »

Just wondering if there might be anyone here with DDs starting in September who are from our general area, or travelling in similar directions. I'm sure we will meet some once into the new academic year, but it would be great if there were a few people for them to look out for in the first few visits and days.
Sabanna

Re: Any girls on south side of Gloucester going to Pate's?

Post by Sabanna »

We are south of Gloucester, but not Gloucester itself.

How is your DD getting to Pates? If by bus then she will hopefully meet up with others from her year on the bus. My DD will be lucky enough to know 3 others going from our area, although none are from her school.
fruit salad

Post by fruit salad »

Yes, she will be making the journey by bus, but that is only going to be some of the children in the area, as there are other buses going that way. It was more for the initial visit in July, the French mornings and the first induction that I was asking as I will be taking her for those sessions. By then, a lot of the others will have found friendship groups in their area already. Thought it was worth asking.
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

My DD isn't doing the French mornings, I have difficulty getting her there for those and she decided that she would rather not do them anyway. We are going to brush up on her French over the summer holidays so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Still trying to work out what to do about the July day, I'd like to take her but not sure I can get my boss to agree the time (I currently work in a school and I'm not meant to take any time out during term time), so I may have to call on someone else to take her for me. At the moment I'm not sure about the first day in September, I am being made redundant as at the end of August so not sure where I will be working by then, but she is going in for the Orchestra morning first.

Most of the children going are in the same boat and don't really know anyone else, I'm sure that it won't take long though before they get chatting - especially the girls :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now