Please Post Your 2011 Test Results Here

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Chelt_Dad

Re: Please Post Your 2011 Test Results Here

Post by Chelt_Dad »

Never again - is that for STRS?
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

DC17C
HSFG has gone down to 210 before but as I said DD2 loves Ribston. She passed for both but opted for Ribston and has got on famously there. Lots to do, lots of fun. DD1 is at HSFG.
neveragain 217 should see you right and once there it doesn't matter what they scored. It is considered uncool to compare test scores. It is brilliant to pass at all.
Milla

Post by Milla »

****** vile system when it goes wrong, big sympathies. Sounds like some of you must have good appeal material if this is still a route you want to pursue. The whole thing is BRUTAL. Only the top 120-ers can sleep happy til March, everyone else spends the time entertaining various layers of fearful speculation.
The appeals help on here - Etienne and co - is fantastic. I've not had to use it but have witnessed it with admiration. Awesome, compassionate help, willingly given.
The comps in Glos are often v good.
Give it a bit of time to let the reactions settle down. As EE says, nothing can be done til a place is issued in early March. BUT, if reasonable grounds exist, amass evidence now, while fresh and precisely documentable.
And give your kids a big kiss. This exam system can make one fail to see the big picture of a happy fulfilled life while focussing on the dismal trees of small potatoes of a few places at a few scant schools. (Metaphors? mixed? maybe.)
As I get further through it all, I resent what we're put through at this stage, in inevitable pursuit of what we deem the best for our children. I do incline more and more to the "Good family = they'll be OK" thing. And I'm sure I'm not alone. School ain't everything - was it in your life? No. And it shouldn't have been. So, for those of you disappointed tonight, the fat lady is merely sleeping and all is not lost. And all is not over.
Superflygirl

Post by Superflygirl »

Thanks fluffycat. Its hard being the mummy sometimes. Gutted I may be but to be honest DS happiness is and always will be my priority. I have things very much in perspective. It is not as though he wont get a school. We are a happy, healthy family of 4 and that is all that matters. Hope you get the results you wish for x :wink:
Last edited by Superflygirl on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aargh

Post by aargh »

neveragain tell him that his CATs results and his practice tests show he is intelligent. That many educationalists query the validity of the 11+ as a test of intelligence (my Dad was an HMI and disapproved strongly of 11+). That it does not even pretend to test character. That if he works hard, he can succeed at any school and that you will support him. And tell him that you love him.
stressedoutmummy

Post by stressedoutmummy »

218 for HSFG. I'm proud, even if she doesn't get in.
What are the chances with a 218?
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Ca anyone tell me how these scores relate to each other?

There have been a few threads trying to explain this,but I am rubbish with links so here goes:
When the papers are marked,each child has a raw score. These marks are then standardised according to age. This is what you receive.
Every school that you put on the form to share results gets the raw score and then standardises it against dcs that ticked for that school only. So you may get some people that only wanted 1 school, and some that ticked for all 4. This can produce different scores/positions(last yr my ds was above another dc for one school and below him for another, this was on the harder paper).
I still don't know why crypt was different, I suspect they add the raw scores together and standardise giving one final score.
I hope this helps.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
fingerscrossed mum

Post by fingerscrossed mum »

This is my first post and on a sad note, my dd1 didn't get the scores we were hoping for, were both ok about it, she is happy to go to the local girls school, just want to wish everybody else good luck and will be back next year with dd2!!!
ofsoundmind

Post by ofsoundmind »

DC17C

I also have a dd at Ribston y7 and only tonight, told me how much she loves it there.
It was the school she wanted to go to.
I can't repeat enough times though, there is an awful lot of shifting between now and March and the top 120 only need one school place not four! They may have shared results with all four schools and have the top 120 places in each school.
In the meantime, if anyone feels they may need to appeal, document everything while it's fresh in your mind. It's surprising how much you have forgotten by March!
Please don't despair, it can be a long road, even after allocations day.
You know what's best for your dc's x
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.