Selfish?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
capers123

Re: Selfish?

Post by capers123 »

willow_catkin wrote:I doubt anyone would ever say that they most definitely would not send their DC to any particular grammar school. Logistics may seem difficult until they become a 'necessity' by the system and test results.
Not true. Grammars are not the be all & end all. We put grammar 1st, and local comp 2nd, and would have been happy with either option. Both are good schools.
Capers
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

.... and for others location is a mitigating factor. We have never put Marling on our form as frankly we don't have a boat, and unless the Gloucs Grammars suddenly start becoming more popular than Pates we no longer need to tick it. Much as I prefer co- eds I really don't want my DC having to face an even longer journey to school.
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

capers123 wrote: Both are good schools.
You are lucky to have that option - not everyone does.

I agree that 'grammars are not the be all and end all' but a good school is and grammars are some of the few which do not have tiny cathcment areas with ridiculously expensive houses - our catchment school took children up to 800m away last year so we have no chance!
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Well I am one who is glad I ticked all 4 as we have had a major turn around and decided to apply for SHS- nothing to lose and if I was considering sending DD to Pate's should she have qualified then the journey would not be that different time wise.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now