Confused and Hopeful.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sarahfegan

Confused and Hopeful.

Post by sarahfegan »

Had My DD Results she got 222 HSFG and 234 ShS and Ribston. She is Ranked 133 for Stroud High her first choice should I be right in thinking she has a good chance? I posted in the results section and had a pm back from a lovely member of this forum but me and a Friend whos DDs have both had results are a bit befuddled with the whole process, her daughter also scored 234 for Ribston and has her heart set on a place. we are lost!!
Is the Rank of 133 against everyone that put Stroud High for results to be shared with? Friends DD is ranked 132 and will put Ribston as First Preference so does that mean that there will only be 11 in front of My daughter now? Any help would be greatly appreciated
veebee

Re: Confused and Hopeful.

Post by veebee »

You are right to be hopeful: A rank of 133 for SHS means your daughter has a place...remember people tick all the boxes: so there will be the pates girls who have got in who will not use their SHS place, likewise for HSFG and RHHS. RELAX!!!!! >>>well done too
Red

Post by Red »

Last year (so no guarantees it will be the same this year:)
HSFG: a score of 214 resulted in being offered a place, 213 did not.
SHS: a score of 223, rank 219 resulted in being offered a place, a score of 222, rank 227 did not
I don't have similar data for Ribston, but 234 on past year's data would result in an offer if it was first preference.

Because people opt to share their data, the top 120 for SHS will include people who have also shared their information with Ribston, HSFG and Pate's and will take up places in those schools.

Hope this helps
sarahfegan

Post by sarahfegan »

Thank You! That has helped put my mind at rest! Will pass on to Fretting friend!
Gypsypony

Post by Gypsypony »

Hi sarahfegan, my DD was ranked 177 at SHS 2 years ago, and got in on first round. I'd be staggered if your DD doesn't get her choice! Relax, crack open the wine and celebrate your DD's success :D
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Your daughter will be enjoying Stroud High this time next year.
Capers
aargh

Post by aargh »

I know of at least 10 people taking Pates over SHS (probably we will be too). reckon you are a dead cert.
sarahfegan

Post by sarahfegan »

Thank you for all the advice feeling a bit calmer about it all now.
Orson

Post by Orson »

There is no doubt whatsoever that your DD will be at SHS next Sept if that's the school you want.

Orson
sarahfegan

Post by sarahfegan »

Orson wrote:There is no doubt whatsoever that your DD will be at SHS next Sept if that's the school you want.

Orson
Thats Great to hear! We both absolutely loved Stroud High.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now