So what's your final decision on Pates?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Re: So what's your final decision on Pates?

Post by Amber »

I wonder what kind of parent goes round telling other parents that their child recorded the highest score ever? Or even telling their own child that? Bleah. How to win friends.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

My experience as a GS teacher leads me to believe that being a high achiever in the 11+ certainly does NOT translate to a high achiever in the school.

It's the hard working pupils with 'stickability' and 'creative flair' that are our highest achievers.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Guest55 wrote:My experience as a GS teacher leads me to believe that being a high achiever in the 11+ certainly does NOT translate to a high achiever in the school.

It's the hard working pupils with 'stickability' and 'creative flair' that are our highest achievers.

Many of the hard workers and creative one won't get a gs place in the first place though..
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

My experience as a GS teacher leads me to believe that being a high achiever in the 11+ certainly does NOT translate to a high achiever in the school.
If you’ll excuse a passing visit from a Bucks dad, DS’s GS actually gives a presentation to Y9 parents illustrating that there is no correlation between 11+ scores and GCSE results – complete with slides and stats :D

Obviously not quite the same as Gloucs because our GSs aren’t super-selectives like yours, but thought you might be interested nonetheless.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I think parents are more concerned than most children.

STRS give out scores so some of the DC know but it isn't an issue. Both my DSs tell me it is never discussed. I did give my DSs their scores and the one with the higher score had forgotten it when it came up in discussion recently. He was also under the impression that to get that score I had tutored him for about 2 years :lol: .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now