Any DC travelling from Hucclecote/Barnwood to SHS/Marling?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DC17C

Any DC travelling from Hucclecote/Barnwood to SHS/Marling?

Post by DC17C »

Hi we have decided to to apply to Stroud High - very much in the twilight zone but worth a go I think. Anyway are there are children currently travelling by bus from Hucclecote/Barnwood area? what route to you use ie do you drop off in Brockworth or use number 10 bus and then change? Do you get a normal megarider ticket or is anything else available?
Alice in Underland

Re: Any DC travelling from Hucclecote/Barnwood to SHS/Marlin

Post by Alice in Underland »

I know of two girls who travel from Hucclecote to SHS. They get a lift to the Cross Hands at Brockworth and then catch the 46 bus direct to school. You would have to check with Stagecoach re the bus passes.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Thanks I have been trying to work out the options but all seem quite a challenge when looking at getting DS to school and getting to work on time- might have to change my working hours at this rate.
Alice in Underland

Post by Alice in Underland »

Don't forget all the driving backwards and forwards to pick up after music lessons, sports games, after school clubs, parents evenings, concerts and play dates with kids who come from Wiltshire, and S Glos.

Honest, there are four good grammars in Gloucester...go and have a look at them too !