Only grammar schools on the caf

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bemily

Only grammar schools on the caf

Post by Bemily »

Just checking that it really is okay to put only grammar schools on the CAF - if one of them is one where dd passed in the top 120?
pixiequeen

Re: Only grammar schools on the caf

Post by pixiequeen »

Bemily, I'm sure it's fine. Not that I'm paranoid or anything, but last year we used all four choices just incase our first choice burned down between October and March, or the government scrapped grammar schools completely and we were automatically allocated a failing comp miles away rather than the nice one miles away which would have been our first choice if DD hadn't passed the test!

Like I said, not that we're paranoid.. :D
Bemily

Post by Bemily »

Argh more to worry about now :o :D

We did use all four choices, just only grammar schools, no comp. Should I replace the fourth choice with the nearest good comp?
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

No. :D I was only being silly really (but it is true). Even if the gov. scrapped grammar schools (and I don't see how they can, esp. since some of them are academies now) they would just make them comps. and it would be too late for this year! A sensible answer is that since your DD is in the top 120 for a grammar school, she will definitely be offered at least that particular school, even if you are not quite so sure where she stands for the others, so only putting grammar schools is fine. I only really put other schools because we knew DD was pretty much a definite (rank 122) for her first choice (SHS) but it seemed wrong to leave the other boxes empty just in case.. :D

I have no wish to add to your worries :D
Milla

Post by Milla »

enough already!
Wake up!
top 120= dead cert. End of. Complete and utter end of. :wink:
Second pref BECOMES first pref automatically with no jeopardy/bad feeling if you do not qualify for first pref.
tsk. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now