Transport to Denmark Road from Swindon

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
baba

Transport to Denmark Road from Swindon

Post by baba »

Hi All,
We haven't yet managed to find a best transport option for our daughter from Swindon to HSFG.

We were promised a place in a taxi which is transporting kids from our area, but now we have been told that the taxi is full.

Do you know any other options we could use?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
mum23*

Re: Transport to Denmark Road from Swindon

Post by mum23* »

That is quite a commute! You could use the train. HSFG is an easy walk from the train station but still a good 10-15 mins so you need to factor that in to timing. I think there might be direct trains between Swindon and Gloucester though.
inmystride

Post by inmystride »

HA! Reading through the topics quickly I read this as 'Transport from Denmark to Sweden' :lol: :lol:
Amber

Post by Amber »

inmystride wrote:HA! Reading through the topics quickly I read this as 'Transport from Denmark to Sweden' :lol: :lol:
Actually as someone who does that quite often (Denmark to Sweden), I can assure you that it takes less time and is more straightforward than Swindon to Denmark Road School. I might also say it was more rewarding, but that would be overstepping my remit. :D
inmystride

Post by inmystride »

Amber wrote:Actually as someone who does that quite often (Denmark to Sweden), I can assure you that it takes less time and is more straightforward than Swindon to Denmark Road School. I might also say it was more rewarding, but that would be overstepping my remit.
:lol: :lol:
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I've done Sweden to Denmark on a day trip boogie boat sort of thing - very rewarding given the beer shop at the Danish port compared with the price of beer in Sweden :D

Apologies for the OT
dams

Post by dams »

Hi,
the following information is available on the http://www.denwell.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, which can be accesssed via the Transport Arrangements page on the Pate's school website.

Swindon,Cricklade and Cirencester to Gloucester Schools Transport. New service. We will be operating a new daily bus service as from September 2012. The service will run from Swindon, Cricklade and Cirencester and will service STR, Demark, Crypt and Ribston schools. As this is a new service we are open to modification to route options. All enquires for this service should be sent to Chris on chris@denwell.co.uk
baba

Post by baba »

dams wrote:Hi,
the following information is available on the http://www.denwell.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, which can be accesssed via the Transport Arrangements page on the Pate's school website.

Swindon,Cricklade and Cirencester to Gloucester Schools Transport. New service. We will be operating a new daily bus service as from September 2012. The service will run from Swindon, Cricklade and Cirencester and will service STR, Demark, Crypt and Ribston schools. As this is a new service we are open to modification to route options. All enquires for this service should be sent to Chris on chris@denwell.co.uk
Hi Dams,
Thanks for this very useful info.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now