2012 entry - discussion & chat about Allocations & Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mum23*

Re: 2012 entry - discussion & chat about Allocations & Score

Post by mum23* »

Just wanted to say well done. Commiserations if not such good news too. Stressed?moi? glad you got Ribston. You can be unstressed now!

I don't think there have been major "twilight" issues this year...Have the Gloucester grammars all gone to pass mark this time so a pass has gained a place?? I have seen a 210 for HSFG with a place on here I think..

phew! my 3 all done now :D
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

There is also mention of some one getting a place at STRS with 210, Crypt I think I have seen a 209, Ribston have apparently offered 112 places which is 2 below PAN so will be interesting to see if other schools have allocated up to PAN. May give some hope to anyone appealing on slight underqualification.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Okmum!

Post by Okmum! »

I would be interested to know how many were offered the HSFG from the PAN

:D
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Glosmum, thanks for that you have clarified some confusion from this end. It looks like 98 boys got a pass for Crypt so hopefully they will be allocating to the near misses as in previous years.
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

I know of 2 passes for Crypt who have opted for comp due to travel considerations. The info about above might be helpful for anyone with a near miss.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Heard of someone yesterday who has turned down Ribston, and someone who is almost certainly going to. One in favour of indie, one for a comp. HTH
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

mum23* wrote:Just wanted to say well done. Commiserations if not such good news too. Stressed?moi? glad you got Ribston. You can be unstressed now!

I don't think there have been major "twilight" issues this year...Have the Gloucester grammars all gone to pass mark this time so a pass has gained a place?? I have seen a 210 for HSFG with a place on here I think..

phew! my 3 all done now :D
Aw, thanks mum23 and congrats on for your son too. Time to take a breather now!

I too would be interested to know more about the stats. Does anyone know if there is an official source that can be approached - just interested really?

I remember being told when my DD was little that 2001 was a low birth rate year as it followed the very popular millenium year, so I don't know if generally there were just less children taking the exam. Added to this, if the exam was more difficult then I guess there are going to be less children to take places. Don't know how true that is.

I also wanted to say "good luck" to all those appealing. X
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Also meant to ask, Willow_catkin mentioned on the "results" thread that there were changes to the transport rules are this year - can anyone elaborate? Please say that all those who will have to fork out £1200 per year for a bus over from Cheltenham will be subsidised! Thought not.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Afraid not Stressed. I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong but I thinks it's now at least three miles from your nearest school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now