Is this normal these days?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
littlebaker

Re: Is this normal these days?

Post by littlebaker »

Thanks for all of your replies. I can see where you're all coming from but sadly I have to agree with you stroudydad, as only the same seven parents turn up to these meetings and all are invited (from a school of over 1350 students!). Maybe I'm making too much of something that isn't really a problem. I've always agreed with courses for parents at schools along the lines of 'improve your literacy' or 'help with maths', I just had no idea that parents were being 'helped to communicate with their children through the use of drama'. I'm a bit old-fashioned and these sorts of courses don't make me feel comfortable. And it's ironic that so few parents go to them when a quick chat in the playground reveals that so many are obviously worrying or suffering in some way.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

littlebaker wrote:'helped to communicate with their children through the use of drama'.
That really brings up all sorts of images in my mind. Communicating with teenagers can be very dramatic indeed at times.
Capers
rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster »

capers123 wrote: Communicating with teenagers can be very dramatic indeed at times.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Exactly capers, I have visions of "I am a tree, now clean your b****y bedroom!" :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now