Pates Uniform (Blazers in particular...)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aargh

Re: Pates Uniform (Blazers in particular...)

Post by aargh »

Glparent, my DD is also very slight, could you give any help on what the kukri skort sizes mean? The Skort sizes on the list don't seem to bear any relation to their own size guide.
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

Glparent - are you suggesting we buy the Kukri baselayer or will any long sleeved t shirt do under the polo shirt?

Have also just been browsing the Kukri website - seems a size 4 skort will be the one for us - a friend whose very slight daughter went last year just bought the smallest size in everything...
Pushkin

Post by Pushkin »

This is copied from a post back in 2010 about the skorts sizing on kukri. "She" referred to Mrs Ryder in the Pate's school office.

"Skort update: OK, the G 7-8, etc. refers to age so she reckons that most girls in year 7 are a ladies 6 or ladies 8. Ladies 6 is roughly a 24 inch waist, ladies 8 a 26 inch waist and ladies 10 a 30 inch waist. The skort comprises of lycra shorts and the flappy over bit. She says that the girls like them to fit well ("be tight"). "

Thanks GLparent for your advice about the tracksuit bottoms.
Pushkin
aargh

Post by aargh »

Hm. DD has 21" waist and 23" inside leg. Maybe size 4?
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

The girls also never want new ones, my DD is in Y10 and is still in her original skort, very faded, and still rolled over at the waist!! She is in the netball A team so uses it constantly, loves it with a passion !
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aargh

Post by aargh »

Well proud mum, I surely hope DD will need something larger than size 4 when she reaches year 10 :roll:
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

Picked up blazer from M&S yesterday and DD is absolutely delighted with it - it doesn't hang like a sack! It was the only one that has 5 star reviews on M&S and for £9 was an absolute steal. I guess they are updating the design slightly for the new year, hence the massive price reduction.

I had ordered age 11, 12 and 13 to try for size. 11 fits perfectly - am tempted to keep 12 and 13 for future use :lol: .
Sackboy

Post by Sackboy »

The Parents association sell second hand blazers for £5 , i think , and will be available at the open evening in about June and other regular times through the year. They always seem to have lots of stock and are agreat bargain. They also sell skirts, trousers, pe kit etc .
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.