Has anyone heard from Express Travel (bus to Ribston)?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stressed?Moi?

Has anyone heard from Express Travel (bus to Ribston)?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

I've chased up a few times now but nothing doing. Getting a bit close now and starting to panic!
one down two to go

Re: Has anyone heard from Express Travel (bus to Ribston)?

Post by one down two to go »

Hi there,
I too have heard nothing from Express Travel after many calls and messages left.
I have spoken to a friend though whose DS gets the bus to the Crypt from the Racecourse and she did say that this was normal, as they just check you off the list on the day?!?!
Still a little uncertain though and just hope all is well (e.g place secured), for next week! Arghhhhhhh :roll:
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

one down two to go wrote:Hi there,
I too have heard nothing from Express Travel after many calls and messages left.
I have spoken to a friend though whose DS gets the bus to the Crypt from the Racecourse and she did say that this was normal, as they just check you off the list on the day?!?!
Still a little uncertain though and just hope all is well (e.g place secured), for next week! Arghhhhhhh :roll:
Cheers for that. It's her first time out on a bus unaccompanied and we would just have liked something to confirm she has a space and perhaps a bus pass? As it stands we will just be waiting at the bus stop hoping that the driver stops and that he knows who she is! Just me being belt and braces and sure all will be fine. The lack of communication is pretty frustrating.
one down two to go

We feel completely the same. Our DS is starting at the Crypt and thought it better to send him on the bus on his first day as he won't know anybody and hopefully will give him a chance to make friends and also just to make sure that he doe's actually have a place!
Nerves and fustration are beginning to settle in. (The last two mornings my alarm has gone off at 6.15am to make sure that we will be up and ready for the new drop of time). :)
cazien

Post by cazien »

We always find Express Travel easy to contact after 6.00pm. DH has just spoken to them and they confirmed that they are running two buses to Ribston/Crypt on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday next week (ie. NO bus to Crypt on Tuesday). At the moment they have one full bus but will be sending two in convoy "just in case children turn up at the bus stop with their application form in their hand"(which has happened in the past apparently!). Everyone who has completed a mandate will have a place on the bus and last years time table will be operational again this year.

Hope this helps settle some of the nerves (which are beginning to start in this household!!) :)
one down two to go

Oh thats great, thanks! :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now