Did anyone's DD sit test at Stroud High last year?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stroudydad

Did anyone's DD sit test at Stroud High last year?

Post by stroudydad »

If so I would be grateful for any feedback about the test day, particularly if any timing countdown was given.
FluffyCat

Re: Did anyone's DD sit test at Stroud High last year?

Post by FluffyCat »

Yes DD sat test at Stroud High. They were split into groups (she was with the others from her school and a group from another school) and put into classrooms. As far as we can work out, it was different in each classroom - depending on the teacher in charge :shock: . In her room they were told 5 mins, then 1 min. Her friend from a different school says she was only told 1 min. Another parent I know says they were told when they were halfway through too. I'm sure it should be consistent, but it appears not to be.

Sorry, that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear. My best advice would be as soon as she is told 5 or 1 min start filling in any boxes willy-nilly. That seems to have stood my DD in good stead :lol: :lol:
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

Sorry Stroudydad, didn't read post fully!

We got there in plenty of time (parked in Tesco and walked), the doors opened about half an hour before test time (from memory) and we left our DDs at the appropriate door. They had to go in a different door depending on where their surname fell in the alphabet. They were then registered and taken to the appropriate classroom (or the other way around). At the end of the test parents waited in the main hall and the girls were brought back to us in groups.

Good luck to your DD by the way :D
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Thanks for that. Exactly what I feared. Timing will be a my big issue for DS.
Orson

Post by Orson »

Make sure she has a watch
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

They are supposed to be told at 20 mins and 5 mins to go - it is in the invigilators' notes which they are all supposed to stick to. There are also clocks in every room.

Hopefully will not be necesary but if timing is an issue make sure you quiz her ASAP (and make a note) about what warnings were given in case it is needed for a subsequent appeal
sarajtb

Post by sarajtb »

My DD sat the test last year. I gave her a watch but she never used it. She was told when 5 mins were left but no less than that. I know that in her tutoring, she was told to just fill in answers if a minute or so remained and she was a way off finishing. Unfortunately she forgott to do that. :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now