Is anyone else wishing their life away

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
qip001

Re: Is anyone else wishing their life away

Post by qip001 »

I remember going through it with my DS1 , there were a lot more posts in 2010 definately...Maybe just looking for reasons to calm down :-(...not so many kids this time...probably more than ever :-)
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

I remember when my DS1 took the test some 3 years ago (maybe it is 4!) there was a little group of 'stress-bunnies' on here wittering and worrying about absolutely every rumour and half-baked notion (I know from first hand experience..I was a major contributor!) You folks seem much more grounded :D However, I am sure there is still a large percentage quietly eating their finger nails to the quick. I feel for you all, I really do. Waiting is painful and most are now just wishing the time away until test day incase DC gets sick, forgets everything or the world ends!
Hang on in there, it'll soon be over :) A glass of vino I think (and spoil yourself with some chocs)
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

It seems to have taken over my life! I think about it all times of the day. (and night!) The main thing is although I am a bag of nerves, DS is reasonably calm and cool about the whole process. Keeping things low key and relaxed for them is the most important thing, ensuring they are confident going into the test. When he's not about I'm a quivering wreck. :?
trampoline

Post by trampoline »

Don't be fooled, us neurotic parents are all here!
I too have been getting ridiculously stressed about it all and counting down the days.
I can't wait for Sat 6th to be here and am definately wishing my life away.

I'm sure with just 12 days to go the forum will start warming up, aaarggghh!
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

The forum is definitely quieter this year. The other thing that I have noticed is that people seem less sure of the scores that the dc's are getting(or is that just me???) Last time around we fretted over ds1 as we had no Cat scores and nothing to compare to, this time we have a better idea of where ds2 needs to be.
I will be glad when this is all over though, when we have filled in the form and the choice is made then it is out of our hands.
I think that they are all amazing for going through this process, they have to grow up fast.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
thisandthat3

Post by thisandthat3 »

I'm back after a year's break so the site will definitely be getting more fretting posts from my direction. Good luck to everyone next week - calm and confident, calm and confident, calm and confident ... oh, that's for the kids too: )
budgiegirl

Post by budgiegirl »

We are going through this for the second year in a row, I am definately more stressed and nervous this time, but trying not to let on to DS2. I guess it just means more this time, DS1 started at the Crypt this year, so now DS2 really wants to go there too. Will be glad when it's all over and hopefully we will know where we stand one way or the other (unless we are in the dreaded twilight zone!). Good luck to everyone.
DebP

Post by DebP »

Stress and wishing my life away - yep that's me.
It is not so much the 11+ but that our house is up for sale and I want it to be sold before we move to GLOS by next summer.
It will be so simple if DS passes and gets into a Glos GS.
If he doesn't pass and we move next summer he will just be allocated a place in any school that still has a vacancy - not good - and we will feel under great pressure to move right next to some of the best schools to be high up the list for one of those.
And then there is the big stress of what if our home has NOT sold by then!
It goes on and on.
I am trying not to think about it...
lolomimi

Post by lolomimi »

Gearing up nicely after open night at Denmark road....

Just something re fewer people - apparently this school year (current year 6) is a low birth year when compared with the last two. It's to do with the millennium effect when lots of people had a baby, and then in 2001 / 2 it was a bit quieter and also because of the post 9/11 dip, so they say.

I know my DD's year has always been under numbers - ie there have always been spaces in her class throughout Junior school - not true for years above or below.

So perhaps there'll be fewer sitting it, and I can clutch at a nice little straw that there's more of a chance to get in!!

Good luck to everyone
LM
DebP

Post by DebP »

lolomimi thanks for that, interesting.