Notification of results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sabanna

Re: Notification of results

Post by Sabanna »

pixiequeen wrote:DD2 is not doing the test till next year and I am already contemplating taking the week inbetween the test and the results off work so I can drink too much and hide under the duvet.

Looking for the "like" button - I think this may well be what I do for that week or so :)
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

Heard that due to BT problems with emails, ALL grammar school results will be posted, regardless of whether you applied online or not. Info is on the link via the Pates admissions page but I have heard that it will apply to all schools. Great, more waiting!
trampoline

Post by trampoline »

Just read the info via the Pates site too.
How annoying. So do we think they will be sent Friday to arrive Sat or as per the online registration, by Monday?

Aaaargh can't face being at work with that letter in my hallway all day!
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Crypt have an explanation too on their websites, no e mails just letters.
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

Are we definately not getting emails? I've read it that the letters are being sent to everyone to ensure all results are received by the Monday. I'm still hoping the emails will be sent and the letters are a back up. The thought of waiting until the Monday is awful. I've been looking forward to the Friday night, glass or three of wine and checking emails every few minutes.
trampoline

Post by trampoline »

Dixon wrote:Are we definately not getting emails? I've read it that the letters are being sent to everyone to ensure all results are received by the Monday. I'm still hoping the emails will be sent and the letters are a back up. The thought of waiting until the Monday is awful. I've been looking forward to the Friday night, glass or three of wine and checking emails every few minutes.
I read the explanation as no emails, letters instead but I hope you are right Dixon :x
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

As I understand it, NO emails.
Moominmama

Post by Moominmama »

Taken from the registration website today:
"Gloucestershire Grammar Schools

Entrance Tests for admission into Year 7 in September 2013
On-Line Registrations for the Gloucestershire Grammar Schools' Entrance Tests have now closed. Letters will be posted to the address submitted on the Registration Form by Monday 1st October 2012 giving details of the arrangements for "Test Day" - Saturday 6th October 2012. If you have not received a letter by Wednesday 3rd October 2012 please contact the school where your child is due to sit the tests.

We have been notified by our service providers that they cannot guarantee the delivery of all results emails on time. Alternatives have been investigated but with so little time to implement and test new systems the "risks" are considered to be too great for this year. In view of this, and to ensure that all parents receive their results by Monday 15th October 2012 as promised, it has been decided to send out all results by letter. We regret the fact that this decision has been taken but we feel that, under the circumstances, this is the only way to guarantee delivery of the results in a fair and timely fashion"

So it looks like we will all be waiting for the postman, more wine def needed :wink:
fairweathergardener

Post by fairweathergardener »

Do they REALLY think they can rely on Royal Mail any better than bad email these days.....?! Unemptied post boxes in a Birmingham rail station to mention as one of many blunders!!!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

We were initially intending to go to london from 12-16th but decided against it, glad we did now..