Results are coming in

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
trampoline

Re: Results are coming in

Post by trampoline »

Liltas, our friend's DS didn't qualify for STR last yr but got in to both Marling & Crypt
numb

Post by numb »

Liltas wrote:Thanks so much EmeraldE. Im so upset for him as he worked so hard albeit it at home with just me for help! He did like crypt as well but im guessing that 209 at tommies is too low to pass for Crypt? This is the first time for me so im not sure of it all!

i don't know but i don't think so - has crypt not historically had a lower passmark? - i know a boy who passed for tommies 3 years ago but wanted to go to crypt (which had a lower 'passmark' then for sure) because he personally preferred it, so he did (go to crypt) and he 'has n't looked back since'...? and well done your son - he did very well
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

numb wrote:
Liltas wrote:Thanks so much EmeraldE. Im so upset for him as he worked so hard albeit it at home with just me for help! He did like crypt as well but im guessing that 209 at tommies is too low to pass for Crypt? This is the first time for me so im not sure of it all!

i don't know but i don't think so - has crypt not historically had a lower passmark? - i know a boy who passed for tommies 3 years ago but wanted to go to crypt (which had a lower 'passmark' then for sure) because he personally preferred it, so he did (go to crypt) and he 'has n't looked back since'...? and well done your son - he did very well
Liltas we were just over the pass mark for Tommies last year, but a sure place for marling and crypt. Hang in there.
Mummyster

Post by Mummyster »

:( My son got 83 + 89 a score of 172 which he is devastated to receive. Is it worth considering any of the other G schools? A score like this makes me think not. Would anyone know?
Moominmama

Post by Moominmama »

DS score is 234, so fingers crossed we are in.
We know of 2 boys last year who both scored 210 for Tommies and both got in the first allocation :D

For those of you under the pass mark, your DC have worked very hard, you believe in them & the test is just one day when they are put in a situation which is out of their comfort zone, some can cope with this, others not so well. Remember you can appeal and the people on this forum have lots of advice that will be able to help if you need it.

I hope the postie comes early tomorrow (or saturday and monday) with good news for everyone still waiting.
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Best of luck to you all and your DC. This will be us next year and I'm dreading it already, I think you're all amazing to have gotten to this point - well done whatever the outcomes.
Marl

Post by Marl »

Another DS who went to the toilet in the second test here...and another one who is on 213 at STR.

Can any of you help me understand what the 210 mark actually means as this is the first time through for us...is it always set at 210 at STR or does that change annually? Does that mean this year that he might get in by the skin of his teeth or is that a big risk and unlikely because the letter says it does not guarantee anything...in which case why is the 210 there at all? I'm definitely feeling in the twilight zone as we are putting our out-of-county house on the market in order to move back to Cheltenham, but of course if 213 means that DS may not get a place at all then we would not get any choice in terms of non selective school as we are not in a catchment. We would be happy with any of the grammars though Marling would be less ideal. I'm not clear whether 210 means that if you are above that you should get a place 'somewhere'.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

oh mummyster sorry to hear your son is upset. It is only a one off day and very hard so he shouldn't feel bad. Unfortunately the score won't get a place at grammar so look at your options and remember your DS can move on and enjoy his school life elsewhere. There are lots of other good schools in the area and grammars are not the be all and end all. It seems hard tonight but I know several DCs who missed out on 11+ in the past and are really happy at their comp and doing very well.

Liltas hang on in there. I think you might be ok for Crypt if previous years are anything to go by. Last year a STRS 202 got offer for Crypt. Other option is appeal after March. Best of luck.
phylisstein

Post by phylisstein »

Hi - We've got 256 for STRS here - is it enough do you think? High enough for (whisper it) Pates do you think?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now