HSFG twilighter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bananabrain

HSFG twilighter

Post by bananabrain »

Hi, I have just submitted my application for my dd's school choices; she has her heart set on HSFG and scored 218. We also loved Ribston and with a score of 228 have a good second choice.
However, I can't stop hoping that my dd will get her first choice of HSFG and wondered if anyone who has qualified for a place there but not taking it up could let me know, just to calm this beating heart! :?:
qip001

Re: HSFG twilighter

Post by qip001 »

Hi there,
We won't be taking our place ( score 251). I know of at least 5 other girls who will be going to other GSs. You have a very good chance of getting in. Best of luck :D
bananabrain

Post by bananabrain »

LIKE! Well done to your clever dd and her friends :!:
trampoline

Post by trampoline »

I am guessing that a fair few final decisions will be made after the Pates open morning tomorrow. I know that is what we are waiting for with our DS.

Perhaps then we need a new thread - Chosen schools on the CAF

I'm sure there are lots of people who are looking for a bit of reassurance.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Our DD will not be taking a HSFG place either, she's going to SHS.
PaterGloucester

Post by PaterGloucester »

trampoline wrote: Perhaps then we need a new thread - Chosen schools on the CAF.
Perhaps the best idea is if everyone who inputs their results to the 'Results Compilation 2012' thread indicates their preferred school.
Ditsy

Post by Ditsy »

Trampoline, great idea
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

218 is not really in the twilight zone for HSFG. That is a decent score 8 points over the pass mark. I would be very, very suprised if you did not get an offer. Put it first on the CAF and forget it.
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Banana brain, I know that it is hard to relax about scores, been there, done that but I would echo strongly mum23 words - you're not in the twilight zone really, you are a good 8 marks above, so do relax if you can and enjoy DD success!
When my DS was in the actual twilight zone last year, the admissions person said there were over 65 pupils between my score and the cut off. That was reassuring, and with your DD's 8 points over I imagine there will be double that at least! I'm sure you'll get a place based on last few years!
Well done!
bananabrain

Post by bananabrain »

Thank you and sorry if I sound dramatic, I know we are lucky to be in this position at all and do feel for those of you facing an appeal process. I will try and forget about it and move on, think I'm in danger of becoming addicted to this lovely game! :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now