Transport lifts buses taxis helicopter??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
phylisstein

Transport lifts buses taxis helicopter??

Post by phylisstein »

Oh dear - its starting to dawn on me that I may have a problem with transport next year.

My DS wants Pates or Tommies but we live in Nailsworth.
Is there a Tommies bus from this area? At all?
Lift shares?
I know there's a Pates bus from Nailsworth but I can't see any info about Tommies buses from this area?
Anyone know?
My younger ones are at school in Stroud.
Also is it possible to catch a bus from one place and be dropped off in another? I work and it would be better if DC wasn't home alone in Nailsworth while I am the other side of the valley at work?
Mum66

Re: Transport lifts buses taxis helicopter??

Post by Mum66 »

I think there's a new service running from the Stroud area to Tommies. Not sure of the details - sorry! Is there something on their website?
bobbym

Post by bobbym »

There is a bus to pates from nailsworth. It meets up with a mini bus from Gloucester which then takes tommies people off the pates bus and onto tommies. Sounds complicated but seems to work. Dropping off at a different stop on the way home is not a problem as long as it is on the route,which goes Minch, Nailsworth, Stroud, painswick, chelt & vice versa.
Hope that helps.
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

edit
Last edited by FluffyCat on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marl

Post by Marl »

Hi, and on the same topic we were about to move back to Cheltenham from out of county, but DS looks like he's in for STR at a push, or Crypt/Marling.
* I know there is a pay-for minibus from Cheltenham. Does anyone know if this goes near to Leckhampton and/or Charlton Kings?
*Is it a hellish journey...and is there much difference between the journey from Cheltenham to Crypt or STR? (I'm starting to wonder if we should just move back to Stroud instead and he could just walk down the road to Marling but I know nothing about the primaries for his younger siblings...)
Any help much appreciated!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now